Data Storyteller, Marketing Insights & Analytics
Think a Big Four career is just spreadsheets, gray suits, and corporate profits? Look again. Deloitte's full-service Marketing & Communications (M&C) organization is seeking collaborative creatives, skillful strategists, and marketing masterminds to lead our businesses in exciting new directions. If you're an M&C professional who sees the world differently, finds opportunity where others don't, and keeps a pulse on the next big trends, then become our partner in growth. Together we'll discover new ways to transform out-of-the-box ideas into measurable business results for our clients and our company. If you're ready to make an impact, join our M&C team to see how we Deloitte differently.
As a Marketing Effectiveness Specialist within Deloitte's in-house Green Dot Agency, you will analyze customer data and present insight-led stories that inspire action. This includes facilitating consultative discussions with Strategic Marketers to understand marketing objectives and define KPIs, distilling customer and marketing data from various sources and presenting actionable insights through the art of storytelling.
Deloitte's Green Dot Agency is part of Marketing & Communications. We provide value to the U.S. Firms by differentiating the Deloitte brand, driving Deloitte's business priorities forward, innovating new marketing solutions, and delivering distinct client experiences. We develop cutting-edge marketing plans, creative assets, and unique experiences that engage our clients; deliver on the strategy of our businesses in the marketplace; and capture the hearts, minds, and loyalty of our clients.
What you'll do:
- Be a great data storyteller. Synthesize complex data sets into clear, concise, and compelling insights that inspire action through powerfully engaging narratives that drive growth for our brand and business
- Partner with marketing and sales stakeholders to measure marketing effectiveness; translate business objectives into measurable goals, define key performance indicators and relevant benchmarks
- Create interactive data stores in business intelligence tools (Tableau preferred) by visualizing key insights to tell your story and convey the most meaningful information
- Apply analytic reasoning to draw out insights in alignment with business priorities, explain the logic and reasoning to stakeholders, and deliver recommendations in alignment with strategy
- Lead insights-driven discussions across Marketing and in-house agency teams to communicate a comprehensive view of the customer
- Extract, transform and blend a diverse data set of data sources from systems and relational databases (e.g., CRM, SQL, Adobe Analytics) using tools such as Excel, Alteryx, SQL and Tableau Prep
- Inform the optimal marketing mix based on campaigns and business goals
- Flag and monitor data quality to ensure confidence in the data used for analysis
- Minimum 3-5 years experience in marketing analytics or customer insights, B2B experience preferred
- Advanced data analysis skills with the ability to clearly present complex information in a simple manner, discern business meaning and inspire action based upon your point of view through strong storytelling
- Advanced knowledge of business intelligence tools; Tableau (preferred), Microsoft Power BI and Qlik to design data visualizations and dashboards to effectively evaluate marketing campaigns and communicate insights
- Experience in translating business objectives into measurement goals
- Experience data blending in relational databases through ETL tools/languages such as SQL, Alteryx, Excel
- A self-starter who can achieve results in an intense, fast-paced, virtual team environment; handle multiple projects and prioritize responsibilities
- Excellent oral/written presentation skills; proficiency in advising and influencing stakeholders at all levels of the business to achieve strategic objectives
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without the need for employer sponsorship, now or at any time in the future.
Nice to haves:
- Proficient in statistical techniques (e.g. cluster and regression analysis) and tools to derive insights from large, complex data environments
From developing a stand out resume to putting your best foot forward in the interview, we want you to feel prepared and confident as you explore opportunities at Deloitte. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte recruiters.Benefits
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.Our people and culture
Our diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture empowers our people to be who they are, contribute their unique perspectives, and make a difference individually and collectively. It enables us to leverage different ideas and perspectives, and bring more creativity and innovation to help solve our client most complex challenges. This makes Deloitte one of the most rewarding places to work. Learn more about our inclusive culture.Professional development
From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn. We offer opportunities to build new skills, take on leadership opportunities and connect and grow through mentorship. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career.
As used in this posting, "Deloitte" means Deloitte Services LP, a subsidiary of Deloitte LLP. Please see www.deloitte.com/us/about for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
Deloitte will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws. See notices of various ban-the-box laws where available.
Requisition code: 22692
Apply on company website