Marketing Senior Manager - Cloud
Think a Big Four career is just spreadsheets, gray suits, and corporate profits? Look again. Deloitte's full-service Marketing Excellence organization is seeking collaborative creatives, skillful strategists, and marketing masterminds to lead our businesses in exciting new directions. If you're a Marketing and Communications professional who sees the world differently, finds opportunity where others don't, and keeps a pulse on the next big trends, then become our partner in growth. Together we'll discover new ways to transform out-of-the-box ideas into measurable business results for our clients and our company. If you're ready to make an impact, join our team to see how we Deloitte differently.
The Cloud Senior Strategic Marketing Planner (SMP) 1 serves as trusted marketing advisor to their business leaders and key stakeholders. In this role you will oversee marketing strategy and planning for the Cloud business and strategic offerings and collaborate on cross-Deloitte marketing for additional priority areas. You will define and execute integrated marketing campaigns that support the Cloud business and industry programs. You'll also be responsible for developing strategic marketing plans for best-in-class marketing operations as well as oversight for marketing campaign execution. In addition, you'll help build specific programs that utilize innovative, go-to-market tools and approaches, leveraging the full capabilities of the firm to maximize reach and impact the market.
Deloitte's Marketing Excellence team provides value to the U.S. Firms by differentiating the Deloitte brand, driving Deloitte's business priorities forward, innovating new marketing solutions, and delivering distinct client experiences. We develop cutting-edge marketing plans, creative assets, and unique experiences that engage our clients; deliver on the strategy of our businesses in the marketplace; and capture the hearts, minds, and loyalty of our clients
In conjunction with Business Chief Marketing Officer (BCMO) and Pillar Lead, develops, maintains, and drives prioritization of all marketing activities for specific areas of responsibility
- Vet requests for marketing support with BCMO, Pillar Lead, and Cloud PPMD stakeholders, as appropriate, within areas of responsibility
- Work with BCMO, Pillar Lead, and stakeholders to initiate and support development of strategic marketing campaigns in support of priorities
- Coordinate with Internal Communications around initiation and development of strategic marketing campaigns
- Collaborate with PR team to drive media coverage when applicable
- Manage the overall Cloud focused portfolio of campaigns and activities to ensure proper prioritization and utilization of appropriate resources
- Develop strategic briefs (business cases) for prioritized marketing campaigns; drive the approval process for campaigns with key leadership
- Engage other SMPs to coordinate campaign activities and pull in other capabilities, as appropriate
- Engage Campaign Management in execution of campaigns; oversee campaign delivery, in conjunction with the Green Dot Agency
- Manage the overall marketing calendar, including major campaigns, product/offering launches, major events, and core marketing maintenance activities
- Perform as Team Lead and manager for the Cloud Marketing Team including coaching of junior marketing members.
- Plan and manage marketing budgets for campaigns in conjunction with Campaign Management
- Serve as marketing advisor to key stakeholders within the business; contribute to the articulation of value propositions; develop marketing objectives in support of key priorities; and serve as connection point across the firm
- Bring innovative thinking and marketing practices to all marketing activities
- Develops metrics and KPIs to assess campaign success, activity and channel levels to inform future campaign tactics, with the help of Deloitte's Green Dot Agency
- 12+ years of marketing strategy experience, preferably in a professional services environment
- Undergraduate degree, ideally with a focus in Marketing; MBA a plus
- Travel of up to 15%
- Effectively manages projects by developing work plans, obtaining approvals, estimating and tracking resource requirements, and communicating with stakeholders
- Demonstrates strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Clearly communicates and presents complex information to various stakeholder groups
- Possesses specialized skills or experience relative to operations/process excellence
- Demonstrates strong communication and leadership skills in a highly matrixed, global environment
- Proven experience managing and leading cross-functional teams
- Prior experience working on a virtual team within a highly matrixed organization, preferably for a global corporation or professional services firm
- Identifies and/or follows leading practices to assess resources and budget for client projects and initiatives
- Collaborates with colleagues on and across teams, both virtually and in person
- Skilled at gaining consensus when differing viewpoints are presented
- Demonstrates leadership, maturity, and accountability through extra-curricular and community activities
- Develops and manages project budgets
- Demonstrates excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Exhibits a high level of professionalism with a strong executive presence
- Proactively builds and strengthens relationships with key stakeholders across the organization
- Skilled at negotiating, with the ability to solve complex problems and demonstrate agility
- Provides strategic and tactical counsel that helps achieve clients' business goals
- Collaborates and builds relationships with multiple business teams to meet shared objectives
- Understands marketing fundamentals with a focus on strategy/trends and execution in the B2B arena
- Develops integrated marketing campaigns that leverage data and analytics to inform strategies and measure success
- Leverages design thinking, and other modern problem-solving tools, to develop innovative marketing solutions
- Demonstrates excellent command of editorial standards, along with strong editing and proofreading skills
- Consistently delivers marketing program execution with high-quality results
- Provides creative ideas and input to enhance communication programs
- Successfully devises and executes media plans with a focus on managing relationships with the media and influencers, developing press releases and coordinating crisis communications
- Leverages data and industry trends to identify strategic goals and objectives
- Experience with marketing automation and CRM tools, preferably Eloqua or Salesforce
- Builds and delivers multi-channel digital marketing campaigns (paid social, display, mobile, ppc) to reach target audiences and drive business results
- Drives the creative process to produce high-quality, original content
- Oversees day-to-day management of multiple Deloitte social media channels, advising on social trends, leading practices and user engagement
- Superior Microsoft Office skills (e.g., Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Teams); familiarity with integrating various technologies to support marketing efforts
- Deep understanding of social and digital marketing tools, marketing strategy and planning
How you'll grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs at Deloitte University, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Explore Deloitte University, The Leadership Center.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and are continuously looking for new ways to maintain a culture where our people excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Learn more about Life at Deloitte.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte's impact on the world.
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you're applying to. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals.
As used in this posting, “Deloitte” means Deloitte Services LP, a subsidiary of Deloitte LLP. Please see www.deloitte.com/us/about for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
Deloitte will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws. See notices of various ban-the-box laws where available. https://www2.deloitte.com/us/en/pages/careers/articles/ban-the-box-notices.html
Requisition code: E20NYCSSMRJD090-MEL6
Apply on company website