Middleware Administrator / DevOps Solution Specialist
Deloitte Consulting LLP is one of the world's leading management consulting firms for executable strategy, operations, technology, and human capital advisory services. We provide powerful business solutions to some of the world's most well-known and respected companies, including more than 75 percent of the Fortune 100.
Work You'll Do
The Analyst/Solution Specialist will be responsible for providing basic or intermediate level technical advice for application and technology products supported by the Solutions Network. The position will be focused on supporting client projects as well as sales teams in the configuration, customization, and implementation of selected packages.
The candidate will use a DevOps CI/CD model to support a middleware technical stack in addition to related System Integration tools. In addition to hands-on technical work, the candidate will provide assistance to project teams by developing documentation and related client deliverables.
The ideal candidate will have broad implementation and configuration experience with various System Integration technologies with a focus on agile methodology, preferably in a management consulting environment.
This position may require up to 20% travel.
- Act as a single point of contact to handle the escalation of critical support issues
- Architect solutions, such as perform sizing, effort estimations and security recommendations
- Establish and maintain project plans
- Lead a team with onshore and offshore resources
- Troubleshoot and resolve client engagement support issues
- Install, configure, administer, tune, and troubleshoot WebSphere applications and other middleware technologies
- Handle day-to-day support activities that arise in support of SNET-hosted environments
- Ensure proper monitoring of all environment URLs for availability
- Manage all aspects of communication for each project with stakeholders and leadership
- Work with vendors to coordinate and facilitate issue resolution and licensing
Deloitte's Solutions Network (SNET) is a global network that connects Deloitte's solution centers, extended delivery centers, clients, and vendor partners. The primary focus of the SNET is to support client development projects, client pursuits, solution development, and practice development. The SNET does this by providing project teams with a hosted infrastructure that includes a large mix of hardware vendors, operating systems, and technical application expertise. The SNET also provides on-site technical architecture and application experts for Deloitte's clients.
The Solution Network consists of experts with knowledge of all major packaged applications and technologies – PeopleSoft, Oracle, SAP, JD Edwards, Siebel, middleware, BI/DW, JAVA, .NET, networking, SAN, server virtualization, etc. SNET staff is also exposed to new and emerging technology, and in many cases serve as an R&D function for Deloitte.
- Bachelor's degree in computer information systems, science, engineering or equivalent field
- Two years prior work experience in IT, including work experience with administration of any of the following tools: Tomcat, NGINX, WebSphere, JBoss, Apache Web Server, and IBM HTTP Server
- Extensive experience in installing, configuring, administering, tuning, and troubleshooting application development platforms in Virtual Windows and Unix (AIX, Solaris, Linux) environments
- Working experience in scripting for automation of application deployments and other infrastructure components
- Prior, active participation in infrastructure architecture, such as hardware sizing, effort estimation and security
- Prior consulting experience highly desired
- 24/7 Level 2 Support Experience in troubleshooting with at least one of the middleware or collaborative development platforms is a plus
- Working knowledge of CI/CD toolset for infrastructure deployments such as JIRA, JAMA, BitBucket, Git, Bamboo, and Maven is a plus
- Working knowledge of Chef, Puppet, or Ansible scripting for installation, patching, and monitoring is a plus
- Experience in Docker and Kubernetes environments is a plus
- Experience in delivering projects that follow an Agile methodology is a plus
- Experience in Production level support for onsite and offshore teams during their development life cycle is a plus
- Self-starter with the ability to respond to critical issues, manage critical trouble tickets and drive towards permanent resolutions
- Ability to work in a geographically dispersed team environment
- Candidate should be a goal-oriented individual with high standards for quality and performance
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are a must
- Creative person with the ability to design innovative approaches to developing solutions
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills with the ability to exercise mature judgment
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple task assignments
- Travel up to 20% annually (While 20% of travel is a requirement of the role, due to COVID-19, non-essential travel has been suspended until further notice.)
From developing a stand out resume to putting your best foot forward in the interview, we want you to feel prepared and confident as you explore opportunities at Deloitte. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte recruiters.Benefits
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.Our people and culture
Our diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture empowers our people to be who they are, contribute their unique perspectives, and make a difference individually and collectively. It enables us to leverage different ideas and perspectives, and bring more creativity and innovation to help solve our client most complex challenges. This makes Deloitte one of the most rewarding places to work. Learn more about our inclusive culture.Professional development
From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn. We offer opportunities to build new skills, take on leadership opportunities and connect and grow through mentorship. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Learn more about our commitment to developing our people.
As used in this posting, "Deloitte" means Deloitte Consulting LLP, a subsidiary of Deloitte LLP. Please see www.deloitte.com/us/about for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
Deloitte will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws. See notices of various ban-the-box laws where available.
Requisition code: 16115
Apply on company website