Tax Senior - Property Tax; Multistate Tax Services
Are you a strategic and creative Senior Tax professional who enjoys working on complex state and local tax issues within the Property Tax industry? Are you ready to make a greater impact on organizations by combining tax consulting solutions and innovative technologies to align the tax function with the business objectives?
We are looking for sharp, Senior Tax Consultants to join our Property Tax team, take on new challenges, and grow with one of the largest multistate tax practices in the United States.
Deloitte's Multistate Tax Services (MTS) group is one of the largest State and Local Tax (SALT) practices in the United States with more than 1,000 professionals nationwide. Our Multistate Tax professionals include former state tax auditors and administrators, industry personnel, tax practitioners, accounting specialists, and technology personnel with numerous years of multistate tax experience. Collectively, our team has significant experience with the requirements and nuances of jurisdictions in all 50 states. Our specific services include state income and franchise tax, indirect tax, business restructuring, credits and incentives, sales and use tax outsourcing, excise tax, property tax, state strategic tax review, and state tax controversy.
Deloitte's Property Tax services group helps clients plan for and manage personal property tax compliance efforts in a more streamlined, seamless, and tax-efficient way. We bring together deep tax and industry knowledge, a national network of property tax specialists, and proprietary technology capabilities to help our clients explore new approaches, resourcing models, and possible savings opportunities.
Work you'll do:
As a Property Tax Senior Consultant within the Multistate Tax Services group, you will be a valuable member on tax engagements and provide state and local property tax planning, consulting, and compliance services to a diverse client base in various industry sectors. You will continue to grow your technical knowledge in property taxation by working on large, complex tax engagements, have access to exceptional resources, and continue to develop your supervisory/leadership skills.
Responsibilities will include:
- Researching state and local property tax legislation and assisting with drafting client responses and memos.
- Identifying opportunities to improve operational efficiency and streamline workflow.
- Making recommendations on engagement workflow management and mentoring tax consultants and interns on assigned engagements.
- Reviewing and/or preparing client billings and account reconciliations.
- Assisting with drafting proposals for new and existing clients.
- Liaising between the Firm's in-house tax return preparation team and the clients' tax department.
- Performing a detailed technical review of property tax returns on select engagements.
- Assisting with providing guidance to clients on a range of property tax issues including complex, commercial, real, and personal property tax.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, or another related field.
- CPA certification, if qualified to sit for the CPA; if not qualified, CMI, licensed attorney, CRE, MAI, CAE, PPS, ASA, CCMI, CREA, or a Senior Property Tax Consultant licensed by the Texas Board of Licensing and Regulation (or be willing and able to obtain the same).
- 3+ years experience working in property tax and/or with property tax assessors.
- 2+ years experience preparing state and local property tax returns.
- Experience with one or more of the following: property tax compliance, planning, analysis, and/or property tax research.
- Travel up to 20% (While 20% of travel is a requirement of the role, due to COVID-19, non-essential travel has been suspended until further notice).
- Limited immigration sponsorship may be available
- Advanced degree such as Masters of Tax or JD and/or LLM.
- Previous consulting experience from a large property tax organization.
- Thorough understanding of OneSource Property Tax.
From developing a stand out resume to putting your best foot forward in the interview, we want you to feel prepared and confident as you explore opportunities at Deloitte. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte recruiters.Benefits
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.Our people and culture
Our diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture empowers our people to be who they are, contribute their unique perspectives, and make a difference individually and collectively. It enables us to leverage different ideas and perspectives, and bring more creativity and innovation to help solve our client most complex challenges. This makes Deloitte one of the most rewarding places to work. Learn more about our inclusive culture.Professional development
From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn. We offer opportunities to build new skills, take on leadership opportunities and connect and grow through mentorship. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Learn more about our commitment to developing our people.
As used in this posting, "Deloitte" means Deloitte Tax LLP, a subsidiary of Deloitte LLP. Please see www.deloitte.com/us/about for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries. Certain services may not be available to attest clients under the rules and regulations of public accounting.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
Deloitte will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws. See notices of various ban-the-box laws where available.
Requisition code: 10250
Apply on company website