Are you passionate about cyber and security challenges in information technology, associated with threats and vulnerabilities? Are you are interested in a role that offers an opportunity to provide front line support to our Federal clients? If yes, then Deloitte's Cyber Risk team could be the place for you! Join our team of Cyber Risk professionals who collaborate with government agencies, IT professionals, and clients to support cyber security and risk consulting engagements.
Work you'll do
As a Network Security Specialist in the Cyber Risk group you will:
• On occasion, lead a project of moderate size and complexity, or one or more work streams in a larger project
• Communicate project delivery schedule and milestones while maintaining productive and professional relationships with client
• Develop new practices or modify pre-established practices to execute work appropriately in order to achieve efficiency and increase performance
• Improve the operational systems, processes, and policies in support of the client's mission through the management and guidance of multiple work streams, teams, and clients
• Support engagements related but not limited to Operations & Maintenance, Helpdesk Operations, Software and Application Development and Maintenance, Financial Operations, and Project and Acquisition Management
• Provide input to key deliverable structure and content, as well as facilitating buy-in of proposed solutions from top management levels
• Direct timely delivery of quality work products for the client
• Manage engagement risk
• Provide professional development of junior staff performing the role of counselor and coach, as well as providing leadership and support
• Expertise understanding Cisco architecture and design based on industry best practices
•Expertise understanding Stealth Watch and all its features to effectively monitor security threats.
•Expertise understanding in building and analyzing ISE rules to that address security best practices.
•Ability to work independently and with a team in establishing baseline ISE security rules/policies.
•Assist in implementing an solution LAN, wireless, remote access and guest network environments.
•Experience in Cisco feature implementation - profiling, posturing etc
•Ability to monitor Cisco solution from a security perspective and contain threats.
•Ability to effectively work with members on the security team to document polices, processes, and provide analysis reports.
•Ability to recognize common attack vectors such as, recon scans, botnet, malware, command and control (C2) activity, worms, trojans, and viruses.
•Ability to use correlation tools such as log aggregation tools or a SIEM for analysis
•Expertise security knowledge in designing, implementing, administering, and troubleshooting network infrastructure devices, including: firewalls, routers, switches, wireless access points and controllers, and monitoring applications.
•Extensive knowledge and experience of Core Routing and Switching design, configuration, and troubleshooting, and usage of Cisco Products
Transparency, innovation, collaboration, sustainability: these are the hallmark issues shaping Federal government initiatives today. Deloitte's Federal practice is passionate about making an impact with lasting change. Carrying out missions in the Federal practice requires fresh thinking and a creative approach. We collaborate with teams from across our organization in order to bring the full breadth of Deloitte, its commercial and public sector expertise, to best support our clients. Our aspiration is to be the premier integrated solutions provider in helping to transform the Federal marketplace.
• Typically has 9 or more years of consulting and/or industry experience
• Ability to support engagements of greater than average size and complexity
• Ability to lead multiple teams and multiple clients with confidence
• Excellent teamwork and interpersonal skills
• Professional oral and written communication skills
• Ability to mentor and manage junior staff and further their professional growth
• Ability to obtain and maintain the required clearance for this role
• Prior professional services or federal consulting experience
• Bachelor's Degree
How you'll grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and are continuously looking for new ways to maintain a culture where our people excel and lead healthy, happy lives.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte's impact on the world.
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you're applying to. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals.
As used in this posting, “Deloitte Advisory” means Deloitte & Touche LLP, which provides audit and enterprise risk services; Deloitte Financial Advisory Services LLP, which provides forensic, dispute, and other consulting services; and its affiliate, Deloitte Transactions and Business Analytics LLP, which provides a wide range of advisory and analytics services. Deloitte Transactions and Business Analytics LLP is not a certified public accounting firm. Please see www.deloitte.com/us/about for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries. These entities are separate subsidiaries of Deloitte LLP.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
Requisition code: E21ROSAVAJE112179
Apply on company website