Are you interested on being on the cutting edge of regulatory compliance? Are you focused on helping others comply with regulations and policies? Are you passionate about research and subject-matter expertise in a professional services environment? Are you interested in gaining exposure to auditor independence rules promulgated by our regulators? Then our ICN Personal Consultation team may be the right fit for you!
Work you'll do
As a Personal Consultation Associate Analyst, you'll be part of a strong and cohesive team where you will use your analytical, research and investigative skills to:
- Research, document, and communicate conclusions to inquiries from firm leaders regarding personal financial relationships, close relative employment positions, outside activity employment positions and Board of Director positions
- Review financial and other information reported in the Deloitte Tracking & Trading system for firm leaders
- Assist firm leaders with understanding and maintaining their Deloitte Tracking & Trading portfolio so that it accurately reflects their personal financial relationships
- Utilize the Deloitte Tracking & Trading system to monitor compliance with independence policy and help firm leaders resolve outstanding compliance requirements
- Utilize and review reports to efficiently monitor firm leaders' compliance requirements
- Coordinate with other ICN teams to ensure that firm leaders are served seamlessly
- Participate on follow up calls with firm leaders as needed to review potential findings or gather additional information
- Develop an understanding of Deloitte's independence policies and applicable SEC and AICPA regulations and standards as it relates to personal financial relationships
- Work on ad hoc requests as directed by ICN management to meet the team's overall objectives
Risk & Brand Protection (R&BP)
At Deloitte, we are stewards of reputation—ours and our clients. That's why we foster a culture that protects, preserves, and enhances our reputation. With your help, we will distinguish Deloitte as the clear leader in professional services, making us the first choice for clients and talent.
Independence & Conflicts Network
The Independence & Conflicts Network (ICN) Personal Consultation team performs a critical consultative, quality-assurance and risk-management function for the Deloitte US Firms, helping the organization remain unbiased and free from conflicts-of-interest, in fact and appearance, when providing service to attest/audit clients. Independence requirements are defined by specific sets of policies, external rules and regulations, so maintaining both the independence of the Deloitte US Firms and personal independence is essential to the business and reputation of Deloitte.
- Bachelors' degree
- 0-2 years of relevant experience
- Positive customer service attitude and dedication to quality, with a demonstrated attention to detail.
- Proficient in standard office-productivity tools (Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, and Word). Microsoft Visio a plus.
- Solid verbal and written communication, research, organizational, analytical, and interpersonal skills. Please furnish writing samples upon request.
- With the support of a team leader, be able to work on multiple initiatives, report and communicate progress.
- Ability to react positively to an environment where priorities and deadlines can quickly change.
- Ability to manage and prioritize time required on activities and be responsive to requests for information.
- Demonstrate initiative and good judgment.
- Ability to effectively work independently, and as part of a team, in a dynamic work environment.
From developing a stand out resume to putting your best foot forward in the interview, we want you to feel prepared and confident as you explore opportunities at Deloitte. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte recruiters.Benefits
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.Our people and culture
Our diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture empowers our people to be who they are, contribute their unique perspectives, and make a difference individually and collectively. It enables us to leverage different ideas and perspectives, and bring more creativity and innovation to help solve our client most complex challenges. This makes Deloitte one of the most rewarding places to work. Learn more about our inclusive culture.Professional development
From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn. We offer opportunities to build new skills, take on leadership opportunities and connect and grow through mentorship. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Learn more about our commitment to developing our people.
Deloitte will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws. See notices of various ban-the-box laws where available.
Requisition code: 27350
Apply on company website