- Do you extensive Telecommunications category expertise?
- Are you considered a subject matter expert in telecommunications billing and the inherent complexities of how the various carriers develop rate plans and charge for their services?
Work you'll do:
The Procurement Manager, Telecommunications will have primary responsibility for the sourcing and procurement management of the mobile and fixed telecommunications services within the Deloitte US member firm and as required, will also provide various levels of support to telecommunications initiatives impacting other Deloitte member firms globally.
These responsibilities will include the development and delivery of category sourcing strategies in accordance with CoRe Procurement sourcing methodologies. You will also assume direct responsibility for negotiating commercial terms and conditions along with ensuring that all internal processes are adhered to in relation to information privacy, confidentiality, risk and independence requirements.
Additionally, you will be responsible for sustaining our Supplier Relationship Management (SRM) initiatives with our telecom suppliers. This will also entail working with various Deloitte client services leadership teams who in turn manage the Deloitte client relationships with these telecom suppliers.
Position Responsibilities (including but not limited to):
- Lead all sourcing and contract management initiatives for domestic telecommunications services.
- Provide insightful, effective leadership to a wide range of stakeholders, requiring significant skill and maturity managing challenging, nuanced relationships with telecommunications providers
- Develop effective relationships and successfully collaborate with all relevant stakeholders, including, but not limited to, IT, legal, risk, privacy and independence teams, procurement colleagues, client services professionals and other internal departments.
- Participate in and provide support to IT stakeholders in their recurring operational discussions with the carriers related to overall program management
- Provide financial management support to IT stakeholders. Develop the financial models necessary to provide analyses to supplier proposals during contract negotiations
- Maintain knowledge of the telecommunications marketplace and how the suppliers deliver their services
- Perform and support all procurement processes per Deloitte's Global Sourcing Methodology including but not limited to:
- identification of savings and value add opportunities - spend analysis and decision support;
- gathering stakeholder requirements, synthesizing them into an RFx or Contract where appropriate;
- Leading negotiations with IT suppliers on contracts and/or changes to existing contracts to obtain the best price for the required level of quality;
- Act as an “ombudsperson” for IT stakeholders when needed in dealing in issues requiring escalation
- Provide oversight to Deloitte's current relationship with IT Telecommunications Expense Management (TEM) service provider
What you'll be part of—our Deloitte Global culture:
At Deloitte, we expect results. Incredible—tangible—results. And Deloitte Global professionals play a unique role in delivering those results. We reach across disciplines and borders to serve our global organization. We are the engine of Deloitte. We develop and lead global strategies and provide programs and services that unite our network.
In Deloitte Global, everyone has an opportunity to lead. We see the importance of your perspective and your ability to create value. We want you to fit in—with an inclusive culture, focus on work-life fit and well-being, and a supportive, connected environment; but we also want you to stand out—with opportunities to have a strategic impact, innovate, and take the risks necessary to make your mark.
Deloitte Global supports our talented professionals in answering the question: What impact will you make?
Who you'll work with:
The CoRe team makes an impact by providing five fundamental services to Deloitte around the world: knowledge services, creative services, contact center, procurement, and real estate. We develop new and innovative ways to improve how services are delivered across the Deloitte organization, leveraging our global scope and strength to serve our organization across borders.
CoRe Procurement is a service line of Deloitte Global and is an internal service organization with responsibility and oversight for procuring the products and services to support the Deloitte Network of globally distributed offices, service lines and enabling areas
How you'll grow:
Deloitte Global inspires leaders at every level. We believe in investing in you, helping you embrace leadership opportunities at every step of your career, and helping you identify and hone your unique strengths. We encourage you to grow by providing formal and informal development programs, coaching and mentoring, and on-the-job challenges. We want you to ask questions, take chances, and explore the possible.
Benefits you'll receive:
Deloitte's Total Rewards program reflects our continued commitment to lead from the front in everything we do — that's why we take pride in offering a comprehensive variety of programs and resources to support your health and well-being needs. We provide the benefits, competitive compensation, and recognition to help sustain your efforts in making an impact that matters.
To be considered for this role, there are certain qualifications you'll have to have. And others that would be really, really nice.
- Minimum seven years of experience of broad experience in telecommunications strategic sourcing and contracting for complex, sophisticated enterprise organizations, including both wireline and wireless services
- General telecommunications technical knowledge of mobility, voice and data services. While this is not a technical position, some general understanding of the services is necessary to effectively support stakeholders and understand the financial and operational challenges faced by those in the IT organization responsible for supporting these technologies and programs.
- Financial analysis / management skills required to effectively understand and assess different supplier proposals as they impact Deloitte's telecom expenses supporting the development of fiscal year savings objectives and plans
- Significant knowledge of the US Telecommunications environment and how the major carriers develop rate plans and structures and deliver their services. The candidate should have an understanding of the challenges faced by the carriers and enterprises like Deloitte in service provisioning, billing, inventory management and service delivery in order to provide effective advice and counsel to stakeholders and in acting as a financial watchdog over the carriers
- Familiarity with Ariba, ServiceNow and other tools employed that facilitate sourcing and contract management activities is desired, but not required
- Supporting opportunities and influencing stakeholders regarding process improvements and innovative business solutions;
- Demonstrated accomplishments in negotiations and managing complex IT / telecommunication sourcing transactions.
- Self-starter, independent, proactive and strategic in identifying opportunities with our internal clients and business units with respect to procurement.
- Experience building and leveraging strong business relationships with internal clients as well as external networking.
- An enthusiastic professional who thrives in a fast-paced, team focused organization.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, including Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Strong Written/ Oral Communication Skills/ Business Acumen
Education and experience:
- Bachelor's Degree in Business or related discipline
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
Nothing in this job description/posting shall constitute an offer or promise of employment. If you are not reviewing this job posting on our Careers' site (jobs2.deloitte.com) or one of our approved job boards we cannot guarantee the validity of this posting. For a list of our current postings, please visit us at jobs2.deloitte.com
Requisition code: DE19USAGOP005CF2152
Apply on company website