Deloitte Services LP includes internal support areas such as Marketing and Communications, Human Resources/Talent, Information Technology, Facilities Management, and Financial Support Services.
Product Owner – DAS Business Performance
Primary Location: Hermitage, TN
Are you passionate about technology and interested in joining a community of collaborative colleagues who respectfully and courageously seek to challenge the status quo? If so, read on to learn more about an exciting opportunity with Deloitte's Information Technology Services (ITS). We are curious and life-long learners focused on technology and innovation.
Work you'll do
The Product Owner is the member of the Agile Team responsible for defining Stories and prioritizing the Team Backlog to streamline the execution of program priorities while maintaining the conceptual and technical integrity of the Features or components for the team. Take a significant role in quality control and is the only team member empowered to accept stories as done. Has significant relationships and responsibilities outside the local team, including working with Product Management, who is responsible for the Program Backlog, to prepare for the Program Increment (PI) Planning meeting.
- Drive, Prepare & Participate in PI Planning: Heavily involved in program backlog refinement and prep for PI planning and participates in the planning event itself. Responsible to update the team backlog and to review and contribute to the program Vision, Roadmap, and content presentations. During the PI Planning event, the PO is involved with story definition, providing the clarifications necessary to assist the team with their story estimates and sequencing. The PO also drafts the team's specific objectives for the upcoming Program Increment.
- Maintain the Team Backlog: Primary responsibility to work with System Architect/Engineering and other stakeholders for building, editing, and maintaining the team backlog that consists of user stories, defects and enablers. Responsible to ensure the backlog items are prioritized based on user value, time, and other team dependencies determined in the PI planning meeting and refined during the PI.
- Iteration Planning: Responsible to review and reprioritize the backlog as part of the prep work for Iteration Planning, including coordination of dependencies with other POs or Teams. During the iteration planning meeting, the PO is the primary source for story detail and priorities and has the responsibility of accepting the final iteration plan.
- Participate in establishing Features: Assists the Product Manager in establishing Features in collaboration with the Program stakeholders/sponsors.
- Story Elaboration: Responsible to elaborate Program backlog items (Features, Enablers) into user stories for implementation. This may happen before the iteration, during iteration planning, or during the iteration. While any team member can write stories and acceptance criteria, the PO has the primary responsibility for maintaining the flow by having approximately two iterations' worth of stories ready in the team backlog always.
- Support Acceptance Test–Driven Development: Participate in the development of story acceptance criteria, draft them when feasible, and provide examples in support of ATDD specification by example.
- Accept Stories: Responsible accept stories as done, including validation that the story meets acceptance criteria and has the appropriate, persistent acceptance tests, and that it otherwise complies its Definition of Done (DoD). Assures that quality standards are met, focusing primarily on fitness for use.
- Work with System Architect/Engineering to Understand Enabler Work: Responsible to understand the scope of the upcoming enabler work and to work with System and Solution Architect/Engineering establish a capacity allocation for technical work, and to assist with decision-making and sequencing of the technological infrastructures that will host the new business functionality.
- Produce & Deliver Demos and the User Acceptance Testing (UAT) process: Responsible to review and accept stories based on the Team iteration demo. Participate in the collection and assessment of Metrics, including evaluation of business value achieved versus plan, and actively participate in the inspect and adapt workshop.
- Supervise offshore Product Owners and BSAs to assure quality deliverables.
Information Technology Services (ITS) helps power Deloitte's success. ITS drives Deloitte, which serves many of the world's largest, most respected organizations. We develop and deploy cutting-edge internal and go-to-market solutions that help Deloitte operate effectively and lead in the market. Our reputation is built on a tradition of delivering with excellence.
The ~2,500 professionals in ITS deliver services including:
- Security, risk & compliance
- Technology support
- Relationship management
Deloitte Application Studios (DAS)
Deloitte Application Studios (DAS) is the internal software and applications development team responsible for delivering leading-edge technologies to Deloitte professionals. Their broad portfolio includes web and mobile productivity tools that empower our people to log expenses, enter timesheets, book travel and more, anywhere, anytime. DAS enables our client service professionals through a comprehensive suite of applications across the business lines. In addition to application delivery, DAS offers full-scale design services, a robust mobile portfolio, cutting-edge analytics, and innovative custom development.
- BSA in a Computer Science related field or in a Business related field
- 5+ years of experience supporting multiple software delivery projects in various IT roles.
- 3+ years of Business Analyst or System Analysis experience.
- 2+ years of direct stakeholder/client facing requirement collaboration and product demos
- 2+ years of Quality Assurance experience.
- In-depth knowledge of agile software development lifecycles including either Lean-Agile &/or SAFe.
- Familiarity with a standard backlog tracking tool such as Azure DevOps (ADO) or JIRA or MS TFS
- Experience with test plan creation
- Ability to work with solutions, technologies, and development teams.
- Contribute to vision and program backlog, in collaboration with Product Manager, Architect, and the Program stakeholders/sponsors.
- Establishes & Defines User Stories which support those Features. Deconstruct Features into Stories.
- Makes decisions regarding the team backlog and implementation, coordinating buy-in from Product Manager & Architect.
- Defines the iterations and accepts iteration increments.
- Drives iteration goals and iteration content via prioritized stories, in collaboration with Product Manager, Architect, and the Program stakeholders/sponsors.
- Establishes story acceptance criteria, accepts stories into the baseline.
- Produce and Deliver the System Demo and the User Acceptance Testing process for program stakeholders, coordinating buy-in from Product Manager & Architect.
- Coordinate dependencies with other team's POs when needed.
- Work across Agile Teams to define and implement improvement stories that will increase the velocity and quality of the program.
- Financial Concepts
- Limited immigration sponsorship may be available.
- If based in Hermitage/Nashville, ability to travel up to 10% (While 10% of travel is a requirement of the role, due to COVID-19, non-essential travel has been suspended until further notice.)
- If not based in Hermitage/Nashville, ability to travel up to 70% (While 70% of travel is a requirement of the role, due to COVID-19, non-essential travel has been suspended until further notice.)
- Experience with Automated QA tools is a plus
- Experience in a professional services organization is a plus.
- Experience with Behavior Driven Development (BDD)
- SAFe Product Owner / Product Manager (POPM) or other Scaled Agile certifications a plus.
- Industry Knowledge of Client Engagement Planning
From developing a stand out resume to putting your best foot forward in the interview, we want you to feel prepared and confident as you explore opportunities at Deloitte. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte recruiters.Benefits
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.Our people and culture
Our diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture empowers our people to be who they are, contribute their unique perspectives, and make a difference individually and collectively. It enables us to leverage different ideas and perspectives, and bring more creativity and innovation to help solve our client most complex challenges. This makes Deloitte one of the most rewarding places to work. Learn more about our inclusive culture.Professional development
From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn. We offer opportunities to build new skills, take on leadership opportunities and connect and grow through mentorship. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Learn more about our commitment to developing our people.
As used in this posting, "Deloitte" means Deloitte Services LP, a subsidiary of Deloitte LLP. Please see www.deloitte.com/us/about for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
Deloitte will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws. See notices of various ban-the-box laws where available.
Requisition code: 19550
Apply on company website