Core Business Operations – Core Industry Solutions – Epic Manager, HIM/Coding
Are you an experienced, passionate pioneer in technology? A roll-up-your-sleeves Epic Team Manager who wants be part of a collaborative environment? A leader who can incorporate new ideas in a think-tank and share new ideas with your colleagues? If so, consider a Project Delivery opportunity with Deloitte.
Work you'll do/Responsibilities
Working on some unique projects in our sector, you'll have the opportunity to transform the way health systems provide patient care through the implementation of an Epic Electronic Health Record. Your time will be spent managing application analysts on your team, as well as designing, building, and testing the Epic system, but also engaging with operations to prepare them to adopt the new technology.
• Provide management oversight of their Epic Revenue Cycle HIM applications
• Assist application team leads and analysts with the prioritization, resolution, or escalation of application and integrated issues.
• Work with client managers and directors to identify and correct issues in a timely and professional manner
• Provide guidance to project teams relating to cross team integration
• Develop and maintain documentation of business/system requirements
• Actively participate in all phases of the implementation, including design, build, and testing
• Work with trainers to design and maintain application specific training curriculum and materials
• Complete and maintain regular status reports and provides verbal and written status to project leadership as required
• Mentor and develop team members
• Assist in the recruitment and hiring for vacant application team members
• Participate in team member evaluations
Conduct design, build, and testing of the application under your responsibility
Our Systems Engineering team delivers large-scale software applications and integrated systems, and assists clients with architecture design, assessment and optimization, and definition. We develop service-oriented architecture (SOA) and other integration solutions to enable information sharing and management between business partners and disparate processes and systems, and we deliver technology enablement to support CIO services transformation.
Systems Engineering professionals focus on key client issues that impact the core business by maximizing operational value, driving down the cost of quality, and enhancing technology innovation. Our teams deliver a wide range of services, including application architecture design and optimization, application modernization, business process management and solution integration, custom application design and development, and large-scale technology delivery program efforts.
• 3+ years of experience managing a team in healthcare operations, clinical environment, or healthcare IT setting
• Certification in Epic HIM
• Experience with two full Epic implementations and go-lives
• College degree or equivalent years of experience
• Must be willing to live within a commutable distance or willing to relocate to the Louisville, Kentucky region
• Knowledge and experience working with Microsoft Office tools
• Solid analytical and critical thinking skills
• Ability to identify issues, prioritize and problem solve to resolution
• Superior communication and customer service abilities
• Team player with the willingness/ability to work in a collaborative environment
• IT or Healthcare related degree preferred
• Ability to adapt and operate effectively in ambiguous or rapidly changing environments
How you'll grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits.
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and are continuously looking for new ways to maintain a culture where our people excel and lead healthy, happy lives.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte's impact on the world.
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you're applying to. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals.
As used in this posting, “Deloitte” means Deloitte Consulting LLP, a subsidiary of Deloitte LLP. Please see www.deloitte.com/us/about for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries. Certain services may not be available to attest clients under the rules and regulations of public accounting.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
Requisition code: E20LOUCACSMG038-USDC
Apply on company website