Deloitte Services LP includes internal support areas such as Marketing and Communications, Human Resources/Talent, Information Technology, Facilities Management, and Financial Support Services.
Senior Business Center Assistant
The Senior Business Center Assistant provides standard and advanced administrative support in a virtual service center environment, under the supervision of an Administrative Business Center supervisor and manager. The Senior Business Center Assistant provides support to Partners, Principals, Managing Directors (PPMDs), often through their administrative assistants, as well as other Deloitte professionals. Position requires excellent communication skills and knowledge of clients' business and industry.
In addition to providing direct administrative support, the Senior Business Center Assistant may also coordinate the work of others through monitoring an assignment queue, distributing work and/or performing quality checks.
The Senior Business Center Assistant is responsible for and dependent on effective teamwork and communication. This individual is responsible for fostering a positive, collaborative work environment and effectively leveraging resources without compromising quality. This position requires advanced Microsoft Office skills as well as advanced skills in other billing applications (i.e., electronic invoicing, time & expense, SAP).
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Produce quality work in a fast-paced environment, meeting deadlines as well as customer expectations for quality and accuracy; effectively renegotiate deadlines when necessary
- Work independently and accurately assess requirements for each project; be able to communicate effectively with customers when there are questions or issues to be addressed
- Document project activities clearly and concisely to provide comprehensive project history in workflow management system
- Maintain a thorough knowledge of Deloitte brand standards in order to offer accurate guidance to customers
- Edit memos, letters, emails and other correspondence; format and edit documents such as financial statements, presentations, proposals and other client deliverables according to Deloitte brand standards
- Build relationships, using various mediums, with customers in all functions at all levels, and assure effective delivery of services
- Conduct research as requested using Internet and intranet resources
- Coordinate work with other Administrative and local teams virtually
- Provide time and expense support (DTE)
- Process vendor payments and related activities using Payables Tool and interacting with the Global Finance Team as required
- Provide advanced support using Deloitte software, including invoicing, reports, opening/closing/reinstating projects and performing research
- Some design background preferred (MS Word and PPT)
- Perform additional tasks as required
- Degree preferred
- Superior customer service experience essential, with strong negotiation skills and the ability to manage priorities against tight deadlines
- Advanced knowledge and experience using Microsoft Office required; experience using tracking systems and database management a plus
- Task oriented and highly organized with the ability to prioritize effectively while working on multiple tasks
- Excellent interpersonal skills required, with the ability to build credibility and collaborate with firm personnel at all levels
- Detail oriented with excellent follow-through skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Positive, professional attitude and presence
- Ability to work in a virtual teaming environment utilizing instant messaging, email and phone
- Flexibility to work overtime as required on both weeknights and weekends
- Project management experience a plus
How You'll Grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there is always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs at Deloitte University, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Explore Deloitte University, The Leadership Center.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and are continuously looking for new ways to maintain a culture where our people excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Learn more about Life at Deloitte.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte's impact on the world.
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you are applying to. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals.
As used in this posting, “Deloitte” means Deloitte Services LP, a subsidiary of Deloitte LLP. Please see www.deloitte.com/us/about for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
We will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, where applicable. See notices of various ban-the-box laws where available. https://www2.deloitte.com/us/en/pages/careers/articles/ban-the-box-notices.html
Requisition code: E20NATSASCJA008-CL3
Apply on company website