Position Summary The Deloitte Government and Public Services (GPS) Sales Excellence team seeks an experienced Pursuit Executive with deep experience driving, shaping, and capturing large, complex deals in the Federal and Public Sector markets.
Work you'll do: This position is established to qualify and capture major ($250M+) government acquisitions in cybersecurity across the Department of Defense, Intelligence Community, and Department of Homeland Security. You will be part of a multi-disciplinary team that is focused on "Driving to Win" by melding business, management, technical and cost elements for winning proposals. Efforts include driving capture and proposal readiness from early positioning and shaping efforts, to development and implementation of win strategies, through pre-Request for Proposal activities, and continuing through written/oral proposal development, negotiations, award and transition. Proven track record of successful capture and proposal management on $250M+ bids and orchestrating multi-disciplined resourcing against pipeline priorities, driving successful capture of pursuits through:
- Deal Qualification: determine strategic fit; validate client commitment; understand and convey client needs and challenges; determine client preference for Deloitte; understand and influence acquisition strategy; assess incumbents and likely competitors; scope the deal including maximizing profit; identify and vet corporate experience and qualifications (size, scope and complexity); define confidence milestones and exit criteria for bid/no-bid decisions
- Positioning and Initial Concept Development: Orchestrate and/or conduct discussions with decision makers and influencers to inform understanding of the problem and environment, understanding of requirements, risk areas, solution formulation and validation, unstated priorities; conduct exploratory discussions with buying organizations to understand and inform all aspects of the deal especially technical and management approaches and unique staffing characteristics; introduce “shaping papers” to convey Deloitte Point of View; determine Deloitte and teammate preference
- Shaping and Approach Refinement: orchestrate and/or conduct client discussions to inform our definition of differentiated strengths with most relevant quantitative metrics and proof points; partner with account leadership and client relationship executives to introduce potential key personnel to inform chemistry with client, appropriateness, etc.; orchestrate or conduct executive industry exchanges, panels, etc. with clients; explore innovations and other Deloitte strengths that can be reflected in evaluation factors; ensure the full capabilities of the firm are matched to the requirements
- Solution Development: partner with solutions architects and subject matter experts to identify and solidify solutions that address client needs and challenges; explore likely technical scenarios and associated Deloitte with proof points, and align with expected work breakdown structure; ensure proven processes are articulated with concrete outcomes; ready the innovation story for vetting with client; support development of management approach scenarios and past performance citations; participate in oral presentation preparation and/or coaching
- Teaming: based on gap analyses, fill technical, management, past performance, certification and key staff voids with teammates; negotiate teaming agreements and exhibits detailing workshare or functional area expectations
- Bid Strategy: drive development of differentiated strengths and win themes; partner with account and pricing leadership to determine pricing strategy; articulate time and resource commitment requirements to maximize the probability of win
- Proposal Development: partner with pursuit managers, subject matter experts, account leadership and pursuit team to develop, review and refine the formal response to the client; ensure compliance with all requirements
- Bachelor's degree required.
- Must be eligible to obtain U.S. security clearance.
- Minimum 15+ years combined experience with any of the following: strategic capture, proposal development, solutions development, and/or costing and pricing, leveraging structured Capture/Proposal Methodologies
- Minimum 7+ years' experience as a capture manager developing and leading multiple capture efforts that have won major Federal contracts, valued at $250+ million, in the last 3 years.
- Experience within the US Federal market in cyber and risk deals, information technology, professional services and/or management and/or business development fields.
- Minimum 2+ years' direct experience leading complex Assisted Acquisition Service (e.g., FEDSIM, GSA Regional, etc.) captures and driving proposal submissions.
- Experience supporting cyber and strategic risk deals in Department of Defense, Intelligence, and/or Department of Homeland Security.
- Business operations/management experience delivering technical or management consulting services or developing solutions for Federal clients is desired.
- Experience with successfully pursuing opportunities specific to Department of Defense, Intelligence, Department of Homeland Security, Department of Justice, and Law Enforcement agencies involving large complex contracts strongly preferred.
- Master's degree in business or technical field preferred
- Travel up to 25% (While 25% of travel is a requirement of the role, due to COVID-19, non-essential travel has been suspended until further notice.)
From developing a stand out resume to putting your best foot forward in the interview, we want you to feel prepared and confident as you explore opportunities at Deloitte. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte recruiters.Benefits
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.Our people and culture
Our diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture empowers our people to be who they are, contribute their unique perspectives, and make a difference individually and collectively. It enables us to leverage different ideas and perspectives, and bring more creativity and innovation to help solve our client most complex challenges. This makes Deloitte one of the most rewarding places to work. Learn more about our inclusive culture.Professional development
From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn. We offer opportunities to build new skills, take on leadership opportunities and connect and grow through mentorship. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Learn more about our commitment to developing our people.
As used in this posting, "Deloitte" means Deloitte Services LP, a subsidiary of Deloitte LLP. Please see www.deloitte.com/us/about for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
Deloitte will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws. See notices of various ban-the-box laws where available.
Requisition code: 10985
Apply on company website