Senior Consultant, Op Model Transformation, Cross Industry Payments
Help our clients navigate dynamic and disruptive markets. The solutions we provide will help them drive product and service innovation, improve financial performance, accelerate speed to market, and operate their platforms to innovate continuously.
Work you'll do
Senior Consultants work within an engagement team. Key responsibilities will include:
- Function as integrators between business needs and technology solutions, helping to create solutions to meet clients' business needs.
- Identifying business requirements, requirements management, functional design, prototyping, process design (including scenario design, flow mapping), testing, training, defining support procedures and supporting implementations as well as integrations.
- Participate in setting engagement objectives and scope.
- Develop work plans for components of an engagement.
- Coordinate activities between work streams.
- Provide guidance to junior practitioners as they manage large, confidential and complex data sets.
- Facilitate client interviews and client meetings.
- Develop process flows depicting pain points in the business process.
- Conduct detailed analyses to draw conclusions and develop pertinent and insightful recommendations.
- Design deliverable content to reflect the engagement contract.
- Present findings and recommendations to client leadership.
- Mentor junior staff.
Op Model Transformation Team
Our Op Model Transformation team focuses on transforming our clients' core business operations. We advise, design, implement, and deploy solutions focused on “heart of the business” issues in specific sectors. Sectors and focus prioritized for this role are Payments related consulting services in retail and consumer products, travel and hospitality. Other sectors such as healthcare and energy are also valuable, though a lower priority. Our Market Offerings include Operating Model Transformation, Payments & Revenue Cycle Innovation and Emerging Business Models.
Our clients seek a fresh perspective on how to create a flexible, innovative business model supported by a strong operations foundation. Professionals will use their deep payments as well as sector knowledge and technical business operations consulting experience to take a more strategic view of our clients' priorities, helping them to prepare for growth, embrace the digital agenda and maximize operational efficiency in payments (credit, debit, ACH, Check, P2P, RTP, etc).
- Bachelor's degree from accredited university with strong undergraduate academic record.
- 4 years of consulting and payment industry experience required or 5 plus years of larger firm consulting experience.
- Experience with processors such as Worldpay, Adyen, Paymetric, First Data, Fiserv, FIS, Total Systems, debit and credit card processing, Cards or Payments BCP/Disaster Recovery, experience with referential merchant processing payment platform architectures, cards experience at a major retailer, Verfone, Ingenico, card authorization, payment settlement or merchant acquiring.
- Professional competence in the Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access).
- Ability to build consensus and foster change in ambiguous settings.
- Commitment to personal and professional growth.
- Sense of responsibility to self, team, and client.
- Outstanding integrity, initiative, creativity, and passion.
- Demonstrates consistent career progression with increasing levels of responsibility.
- Performed above expectations in previous professional roles.
- The ability and willingness to travel up to 80%.
- Limited immigration sponsorship may be available.
In addition, successful Senior Consultants will also have the following preferred skills
- Advanced degree in business (e.g., MBA) from a top tier program
- Superior critical thinking, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Exceptional interpersonal, team-building and communication skills
- Ability to build consensus and foster change in a client business setting
- Tolerance for working in ambiguous, uncertain environments
- Commitment to personal and professional growth
- Sense of responsibility to self, team and client
- Outstanding integrity, initiative, creativity, and passion
How you'll grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs at Deloitte University, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Explore Deloitte University, The Leadership Center.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and are continuously looking for new ways to maintain a culture where our people excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Learn more about Life at Deloitte.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte's impact on the world.
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you're applying to. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals.
As used in this posting, “Deloitte” means Deloitte Consulting LLP, a subsidiary of Deloitte LLP. Please see www.deloitte.com/us/about for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries. Certain services may not be available to attest clients under the rules and regulations of public accounting.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
Deloitte will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws. See notices of various ban-the-box laws where available. https://www2.deloitte.com/us/en/pages/careers/articles/ban-the-box-notices.html
Requisition code: E20NATCSRCJC058-CBO
Apply on company website