The Deloitte Center for Regulatory Strategy (DCRS)
is a source of critical insight and advice, designed to help clients anticipate change and respond with confidence to the strategic and aggregate impact of national and international regulatory policy.
As regulators and legislators respond to the unpredictable global economic, business, and geo- political landscape—as well as the introduction of new technologies and digital platforms—they will continue to reshape today's operating frameworks across industries, creating a growing list of challenges for many firms.
Through regular dialogue with institutions, trade associations, and other regulatory stakeholders, the Center helps Deloitte's clients stay ahead of evolving regulatory trends and understand what actions can be taken. With regional hubs in the Americas, Asia Pacific, and EMEA, the Center combines the strength of Deloitte's network of experienced risk, regulatory, and industry professionals—including a deep roster of former regulators, industry specialists, and business advisers—with a rich understanding of the impact of regulations on business models and strategy.
The DCRS, Americas has a multi-industry focus, covering financial services, health care, life sciences, and energy.
Work you'll do
As an Industry Analyst and Researcher, you will be engaged in the following:
· Analyze and summarize new and emerging regulatory developments in the financial services industry (FSI) to understand impact to client businesses
· Communicate daily with industry and market segment leadership regarding regulatory developments
· Draft internal summaries of regulatory key issues affecting clients
· Develop and maintain dashboards related to regulatory enforcement actions and other key regulatory developments
· Analyze and present the US FSI regulatory and political environment during leadership meetings
· Work with the DCRS Editorial Board and other SMEs to develop thought leadership, including white papers, presentations, and blog posts for external distribution
· Work closely with other centers of excellence, as applicable, to identify common regulatory themes across industries and prepare in-depth analyses of major issues
· Monitor Congressional hearings and communicate with industry and market segment leadership on key takeaways
Our professionals guide traditional financial services companies and new market entrants in navigating the complexities of the US and global financial regulations. As market, political, and legislative changes alter the industry, we help our clients develop innovative and practical solutions.
• 5+ years' experience in a professional capacity, emphasizing development/management skills in the following areas: communication, documentation, learning, and general business analysis
• Knowledge of FSI industry (Banking & Capital Markets, Insurance, Investment Management, AML, FinTech etc.) and FSI organizations
• Solid understanding of the financial service industry regulatory environment and applicable regulatory agencies
• Prior experience in accumulating and incorporating subject matter experts' points of view, related to regulatory changes, into a single white paper format
• Self-starter with the ability to work independently
• Ability to work and communicate directly with FSI leadership
• Excellent communication and writing skills
• Comfortable with change, ambiguity, and executing on abstract ideas
• Ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects and workstreams
• Solid executive presence with the ability to present professionally across the organization
• Bachelor's Degree in Economics, International Affairs, Public Administration, Political Science, Finance, or Business
- Willing and able to travel up to 15%
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United\nStates without the need for employer sponsorship, now or at any time in the\nfuture.
· Prior experience in regulatory agency policy group, law firm, or consulting firm with similar role
· Master's Degree in Economics, International Affairs, Public Administration, Political Science, Finance, or Business
How you'll grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs at Deloitte University, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Explore Deloitte University, The Leadership Center.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and are continuously looking for new ways to maintain a culture where our people excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Learn more about Life at Deloitte.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte's impact on the world.
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you're applying to. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals.
As used in this posting, “Deloitte Advisory” means Deloitte & Touche LLP, which provides audit and enterprise risk services; Deloitte Financial Advisory Services LLP, which provides forensic, dispute, and other consulting services; and its affiliate, Deloitte Transactions and Business Analytics LLP, which provides a wide range of advisory and analytics services. Deloitte Transactions and Business Analytics LLP is not a certified public accounting firm. Please see www.deloitte.com/us/about for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries. These entities are separate subsidiaries of Deloitte LLP.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
Requisition code: E20NATFSRCAL005-DCRS
Apply on company website