Location: Remote / US
Are you passionate about technology and interested in joining a community of collaborative colleagues who respectfully and courageously seek to challenge the status quo? If so, read on to learn more about an exciting opportunity with Deloitte's Information Technology Services (ITS). We are curious and life-long learners focused on technology and innovation.
Work you'll do
US Data Protection provides data-centric security solutions for the US Member Firm. We are looking for a Senior Analyst to serve as our lead technical resource, providing support for our current security stack and recommending new tools to better protect Deloitte's data. If you're an experienced, hands-on IT professional with strong systems administration, incident handling, engineering skills who's interested in growing in the cybersecurity field, this may be the job for you. As part of our Cyber Data Protection team, you will be assisting in designing, deploying and managing technology and process solutions to reduce the potential of data compromise. You will be assisting with testing of data protection and data security solutions. You will work to enhance and mature cyber security data protection capabilities for Deloitte US Member Firm. You will require an understanding of the entire ecosystem of data protection including well-rounded understanding of the information security domains and their inter-relations across that ecosystem. You will be responsible for providing technical product and troubleshooting assistance to Deloitte Employees. You work closely with management, leads, peers, development teams, business analysts, and end users to ensure data protection for systems are used by all areas the organization.
As part of the US Data Protection team, you will have the following core responsibilities:
- Assist with development, deployment, and support of Data Protection solutions
- Assist in rolling out Removable Media Protection Data Loss Prevention (DLP) policy to prevent data exfiltration using external hard drives/thumb drives and retire legacy encryption technology
- Assist in maturing DLP solution by creating, testing and implementing new DLP policies within various business areas and client engagements and triaging of DLP incidents. Utilize Data Loss Prevention (DLP) products to generate and maintain email, desktop, and network monitoring policies. Proactively assess DLP safeguards across the DLP tool suite to identify potential risks and perform trend analysis.
- Assist in scanning, quarantining and purging aged data that no longer provide business value from Network Shares, SharePoint Sites and Cloud Storage
- Assist in Data Classification and Rights Management service roll out to employees, its adoption and provide on-going support
- Provide technical engineering and troubleshooting support to employees for Web Protection Service consisting of Cloud Web Proxy and Cloud Access Security Broker (CASB)
- Provide technical support to end users in troubleshooting issues related to CASB, DLP, Web Security, Data Classification and Rights Management, Encryption Key Management, SSL Certificates, Database Encryption, Digital Code Signing, Data Access Governance etc.
Information Technology Services (ITS) helps power Deloitte's success. ITS drives Deloitte, which serves many of the world's largest, most respected organizations. We develop and deploy cutting-edge internal and go-to-market solutions that help Deloitte operate effectively and lead in the market. Our reputation is built on a tradition of delivering with excellence.
The ~3,000 professionals in ITS deliver services including:
- Cyber Security
- Technology Support
- Technology & Infrastructure
- Relationship Management
- Strategy & Communications
- Project Management
Cyber Security vigilantly protects Deloitte and client data. The team leads a strategic cyber risk program that adapts to a rapidly changing threat landscape, changes in business strategies, risks, and vulnerabilities. Using situational awareness, threat intelligence, and building a security culture across the organization, the team helps to protect the Deloitte brand.
Areas of focus include:
- Risk & Compliance
- Identity & Access Management
- Data Protection
- Cyber Design
- Incident Response
- Security Architecture
- Business Partnership
Cyber Security Data Protection Team
The Deloitte Cybersecurity Data Protection Team is responsible for securing and protecting confidential data of Deloitte US Member Firm. The primary mission of the team is to implement and enhance the Cybersecurity controls to protect data for its US Employees and the Clients they serve.
- B.S in Computer Science from a recognized/accredited university
- Minimum of 4 years of combined experience in the Information Security / Cybersecurity domain
- Hands on experience working with several of the following data protection technologies:
- Data Loss Prevention (DLP) technology
- Data Access Governance technology
- Data Discovery, Retention and Destruction technologies
- Data Classification and Rights Management technology
- Cloud Access Security Broker (CASB) technology
- Web Security and SSL Decryption technology
- SSL Certificate and Encryption Key Lifecycle Management technology
- Database Encryption technologies
- Experience with troubleshooting issues and assisting end users to mitigate issues
- Familiarity with change management and deployment processes in large IT organizations
- Working knowledge with common IT technologies such as Windows Server, Linux/Unix, Databases, Active Directory/LDAP, virtualization, end-user devices etc.
- General knowledge of IT / security principles such as encryption, identity, cloud, etc.
- Experience with Powershell command-line scripting is a plus
- Professional security certification desirable, such as CompTIA Security+ or CISSP
- Limited immigration sponsorship may be available
- Understanding of networking and core networking protocols (e.g. TCP/IP, UDP, DNS, SMTP, HTTP, and distributed networks)
- Knowledge in different types of VPN, Encryption Standards, Certificates
- Strong understanding of security controls in public cloud environments (i.e. Amazon Web Services (AWS), Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud Platform) and SaaS services hardening.
- Ability to write technical reports and communicate technical content to business users
- Strong written, oral communication and interpersonal skills are a must
- Ability to write technical reports and communicate technical content to business users
- Self-motivated with a strong willingness to learn and grow with changing cloud technologies
- Experience working in a virtual team is a plus
- Great troubleshooting and problem analysis skills
- Understanding of information security frameworks, incident management/response, security operations, and application security best practices.
- Competency with Microsoft Windows and MacOS Operating Systems
- Strong relationship, team building and facilitation skills
From developing a stand out resume to putting your best foot forward in the interview, we want you to feel prepared and confident as you explore opportunities at Deloitte. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte recruiters.Benefits
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.Our people and culture
Our diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture empowers our people to be who they are, contribute their unique perspectives, and make a difference individually and collectively. It enables us to leverage different ideas and perspectives, and bring more creativity and innovation to help solve our client most complex challenges. This makes Deloitte one of the most rewarding places to work. Learn more about our inclusive culture.Professional development
From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn. We offer opportunities to build new skills, take on leadership opportunities and connect and grow through mentorship. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Learn more about our commitment to developing our people.
As used in this posting, "Deloitte" means Deloitte Services LP, a subsidiary of Deloitte LLP. Please see www.deloitte.com/us/about for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
Deloitte will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws. See notices of various ban-the-box laws where available.
Requisition code: 18840
Apply on company website