Senior Event Planner | One Team | Business Services | Workplace Experience
This position is responsible for managing events taking place in Deloitte's Greenhouse in Rosslyn. Greenhouse is an advanced, immersive environment designed to accelerate breakthroughs. It combines behavioral methods, analytics, technology and experienced facilitation to create an experience that can bring about extraordinary results for clients. The Greenhouse is designed as a place for cultivation – of ideas, of relationships and of opportunities.
Work you'll do :
- You will work in a creative, efficient and innovative way to continually improve the processes and practices around scheduling and event planning. Additionally, this position may participate in strategic
- Provide a client-centric, consultative and solutions-oriented approach to logistics planning, communication, and overall client experience.
- Coordinate with delivery teams to support theme ideation and development to include menu creation and experiential engagement opportunities for live, virtual and hybrid lab deliveries/meetings/events.
- Collaborate with local support team (Scheduler, Ambassador, etc.) to ensure understanding of client experience objectives and seamless execution of all food & beverage, room set-up, materials, building access, and transportation.
- Support day-of client experience needs, serving as single point of contact for delivery teams.
- Ensure physical space is maintained by reviewing space and submitting requests for maintenance and general repairs to Facilities Specialist
- Facilitate client communications and follow-up including invitations and pre/post event materials.
- Facilitate event-related vendor processes and payments.
- Work in a creative, efficient and innovative way to continually improve the processes and practices around scheduling and event planning.
- Foster and maintain positive working relationships with Greenhouse leaders, staff, and clients contributing to the culture of the Greenhouse.
- Add value to customer experience through critical thinking, anticipating needs and offering additional services/support, as appropriate.
- Handle sensitive/confidential information requiring a high level of discretion, professionalism and customer service for internal and external clients.
- Support continued process improvements within the planning process
- Participate in department projects as directed
- Collaborate with other groups within the organization including but not limited to Schedulers, Registration, Operations and Procurement Meeting Specialists, to ensure effective communication and accuracy between MES and these groups
- Ongoing ownership of team resources including SOP, restaurant lists, area information, furniture inventory, floor plans etc.
- Assume responsibility for planning at other locations for time zone or PTO coverage
- projects established by local and One Team leadership.
The team :
At Deloitte, the internal operations team provides a full range of hospitality and business services. We help our Deloitte professionals with daily office support needs, meeting and event planning and execution, and an array of other services related to office operations and facility management. Our team members work collaboratively and apply their specialized knowledge and skills to think proactively to provide a holistic customer-centric “experience” for our Deloitte professionals, clients, and guests.Competencies
- Hospitality-minded with excellent customer service skills. Consults and drives the event process on behalf of the customer, providing expertise and guidance to meet event objectives.
- Demonstrate strong written and verbal communication skills, attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Ability to strategically prioritize event requests and customer needs using good judgment and logical thinking.
- Team player with the ability to work independently on multiple projects simultaneously and under tight time constraints.
- Take initiative and demonstrate follow-through.
- Solutions-oriented and extremely organized.
- Handle sensitive/confidential information requiring a high level of discretion.
- Effective problem-solving and negotiation skills.
- Ability to work independently and in a virtual team environment.
- Ability to adapt to change while displaying executive presence while working in a fast-pace and demanding environment.
- Ability to manage risk and to know what and when to escalate to leadership.
- High school diploma, bachelor's or associate degree preferred
- Minimum 3 - 5 years of relevant work experience, ideally in a hospitality or event services environment
- Experience with event management and/or scheduling software preferred
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office applications
- Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent critical thinking and ability to anticipate needs
- Effective problem-solving and negotiation skills
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without the need for employer sponsorship now or at any time in the future
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there is always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs at Deloitte University, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Explore Deloitte University, The Leadership Center.Recruiting tips
From developing a stand out resume to putting your best foot forward in the interview, we want you to feel prepared and confident as you explore opportunities at Deloitte. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte recruiters.Benefits
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.Our people and culture
Our diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture empowers our people to be who they are, contribute their unique perspectives, and make a difference individually and collectively. It enables us to leverage different ideas and perspectives, and bring more creativity and innovation to help solve our client most complex challenges. This makes Deloitte one of the most rewarding places to work. Learn more about our inclusive culture.Professional development
From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn. We offer opportunities to build new skills, take on leadership opportunities and connect and grow through mentorship. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Learn more about our commitment to developing our people.
Deloitte will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws. See notices of various ban-the-box laws where available.
Requisition code: 41652
Apply on company website