Senior Manager Health Care Cloud App Modernization - AWS
Deloitte is an industry leader in our clients' Digital transformations. We recognize that the backbone enabling our clients' highest aspirations for analytics and cognitive solutions is next-gen Cloud infrastructure. From cloud consulting, to implementation, and ongoing managed services we offer a full scope of Cloud services and solutions. We want talent who is ready to innovate cloud services and empower our clients to leap frog forward in their technical capabilities. Building your career at Deloitte offers the opportunity to work with cutting-edge Cloud technologies to deliver next-Gen Cloud solutions. We embrace the tech pioneer mindset and always enable our talent to keep their skills evolving at the speed at which the technology marketplace is evolving.
Cloud has transformed the way technology enables the business. It represents a radical shift in how IT services are obtained, used, and managed. Companies are navigating through the various cloud options and deciding between private, public, or a combination across different and dynamic provider ecosystems. Our employees are empowered to think outside of the box and provide innovative solutions to our customers.
Industry – Who we serve
At Deloitte, we focus on helping clients transform their strategic vision into innovative, practical health care solutions that support their business goals today and tomorrow. Deloitte's Life Sciences & Health Care practice is among the largest in the world, with FY19 year-end revenues totaling $4.3 billion and an extensive network of over 24,000 knowledgeable, skilled and experienced professionals in 90 countries dedicated to the LSHC Industry. Our practice delivers distinctive services to the country's largest national and regional health plans, 10 of the 10 largest healthcare systems and 8 of the 10 largest for-profit healthcare systems in the US.
The mission of Deloitte's Life Sciences & Health Care practice is to provide innovative service offerings and a holistic approach to the health care market, resulting in measurable impact on patients' journeys. Our practice offers a distinctive menu of professional services delivered in an integrated approach that address all segments of health care and life sciences.
Work you'll do
In partnership with other leaders in the firm, you will ensure success in building and migrating applications, software and services on public cloud.
• Promote public cloud internally to sales and delivery teams to drive growth.
• Educate customers of all sizes on the value proposition of Public Cloud and participate in deep architectural discussions to ensure solutions are designed for successful deployment in the cloud
• Capture and share best-practice knowledge amongst the public cloud solutions architect community
• Author or otherwise contribute to public cloud customer-facing publications such as whitepapers
• Build deep relationships with senior technical individuals within customers to enable them to be cloud advocates
• Act as a technical liaison between customers, delivery teams and support.
Senior Managers are professionals with strong records of academic and professional achievement who have the capacity and desire for continuous development and growth. Deloitte Consulting professionals must also be capable of working and communicating with people at all levels of an organization. Typical project responsibilities of a senior manager could include:
- Lead engagement planning and budgeting
- Oversee development and monitoring of work plans for all components of an engagement
- Manage activities across all work streams
- Provide quality control oversight for all work threads managed
- Coordinate with both clinical and non-clinical SMEs to provide peer review of team deliverables
- Provide guidance to junior practitioners as they manage large, confidential and complex data sets
- Maintain executive relationships and facilitate client acceptance of proposed solutions
- Develop process flows identifying challenges and opportunities in business processes
- Oversee junior practitioners as they conduct detailed analyses, draw conclusions, and develop pertinent and insightful recommendations
- Define deliverable structure and content to reflect the engagement contract
- Present findings and recommendations to client leadership
- Manage engagement economics and risk
- Mentor and develop junior staff
- Manage and deliver components of client engagement
- Lead teams to assess, design, and implement solutions to achieve client's strategic objectives and business issues.
- Assume accountability for on-time delivery of contracted activities and deliverables
- Build and source internal teams structure and composition to deliver engagements
- Manage engagement delivery, work plan, activities
- Provide client sponsors with regular updates
- Lead and manage identification and prioritization of issues
- Ownership of budgeting and forecasting of team member time and expenses for projects
- Identify and mitigate risks throughout the project life-cycle
- Conduct client interviews and facilitate client meetings
- Present findings and recommendations to client leadership
- Business Development
- Develop and maintain contact with top decision makers at key clients
- Organize and lead pursuit teams
- Participate and lead aspects of the proposal development process
- Contribute to the development of proposal pricing strategy
- Oversee and create draft engagement contracts
- Develop additional business opportunities with current clients and expand engagement scope
- People Development:
- Perform role of counselor and coach
- Actively participate in staff recruitment and retention activities
- Provide leadership for delivery teams and staff in local offices
- Leading work – life balance expectation on engagements through flexibility and predictability initiatives
- Provide input and guidance into the staffing process
- Provide real-time feedback to project team members and participate in the performance review process
- Eminence and Firm Activities
- Develop points of view in your industry
- Publish white papers and present opinion at industry conferences
- Lead practice development activities within the firm
- Lead and support recruitment activities
- Organize local office events to build firm culture
Our Cloud Engineering team focuses on enabling our client's end-to-end journey from On-Premise to Cloud, with opportunities in the areas of: Cloud Strategy, Op Model Transformation, Cloud Development, Cloud Integration & APIs, Cloud Migration, Cloud Infrastructure & Engineering, and Cloud Managed Services. We help our clients see the transformational capabilities of Cloud as an opportunity for business enablement and competitive advantage.
Cloud Engineering supports our clients as they improve agility and resilience, and identifies opportunities to reduce IT operations spend through automation by enabling Cloud. We accelerate our clients towards a technology-driven future, leveraging vendor solutions and Deloitte-developed software products, tools, and accelerators.
• Self-starter with an in-depth hands-on work experience with large-scale implementations of AWS.
• Knowledge of J2EE, .NET, and cloud technologies development languages and tools, to continue with development
• Direct experience migrating applications from the enterprise to public cloud providers (e.g. Amazon, Google, or Microsoft)
• Experience helping development teams build and deploy micro services based applications in public cloud Experience with Continuous Integration & Continuous Deployment tools and processes
• Understanding of emerging technologies and end-user needs.
• Strong analytical skills with the ability to learn new information quickly
• Ability to travel up to 50% (While up to 50% travel is a requirement of the role, due to COVID 19, non-essential travel has been suspended until further notice)
• Limited immigration sponsorship may be available.
• 20+ years of overall experience, to include a minimum of 8 years of experience with health care and/or life sciences companies designing, implementing, or operating IT systems on leading commercial Cloud platforms, including AWS, Azure, and Google
enterprise, full-life cycle in Architecture in the professional IT/Software Development services industry.
• 15+ years of experience with .Net technologies and Architecting solutions using Web technologies
• 6+ years project experience migrating and deploying cloud based solutions (AWS)
• Proven ability to successfully lead complex, multi-thread cloud transformation sales cycles
• Ability to travel up to 50% (While travel is a requirement of the role, due to COVID-19, non-essential travel has been suspended until further notice.)
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or equivalent work experience. MBA preferred.
• AWS Certified Professional.
• Understanding of Infrastructure as a Service, Infrastructure as Code and related concepts on public cloud.
• Proven experience as a successful senior engineer and/or cloud engineer highly desirable
• Container experience with Docker and Kubernetes or other container orchestration platforms
• Understanding of Agile, SCRUM and Continuous Delivery
• Demonstrated skills in leadership, communication, coaching, analysis, problem solving and short term and long term planning.
• Experienced, persuasive and effective presenter, both written and verbal.
• Knowledge of standard selling disciplines, specifically Solution Selling and RFP management.
• Experience leading high performance, results driven teams with a focus on client satisfaction.
• Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills, ability to handle diverse situations, multiple initiatives and rapidly changing priorities.
• Must be a self-starter who requires minimal supervision.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and are continuously looking for new ways to maintain a culture where ouRecruiting tips
From developing a stand out resume to putting your best foot forward in the interview, we want you to feel prepared and confident as you explore opportunities at Deloitte. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte recruiters.Benefits
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.Our people and culture
Our diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture empowers our people to be who they are, contribute their unique perspectives, and make a difference individually and collectively. It enables us to leverage different ideas and perspectives, and bring more creativity and innovation to help solve our client most complex challenges. This makes Deloitte one of the most rewarding places to work. Learn more about our inclusive culture.Professional development
From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn. We offer opportunities to build new skills, take on leadership opportunities and connect and grow through mentorship. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Learn more about our commitment to developing our people.
As used in this posting, "Deloitte" means Deloitte Consulting LLP, a subsidiary of Deloitte LLP. Please see www.deloitte.com/us/about for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
We will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, where applicable. See notices of various ban-the-box laws where available.
Requisition code: 15052
Apply on company website