Job Title/Job Code:
Senior Manager, Design Leader
Senior Manager 1
Development Center of Excellence (CoE)/Deloitte Services LP \t
Position Reports to:
Deputy CLO, Consulting
The chief purpose of the Development Center of Excellence (COE) is to bring out the best of every person and the best of every team at Deloitte, so that we can deliver the best of our Firm to our clients. The Development COE focuses on:
- Bringing out the leader in every person
- A holistic approach to development that emphasizes not just education, but also self-awareness, exposure to real-world problems, connections to people, and persuasive tools and resources that reinforce skills
- Positioning our people to help tackle some of the most complex issues in business, our communities and society at large.
Work you'll do
- Serve as the Design Team Leader and as a credible and trusted development advisor on effective, leading-edge learning strategies.
- Work with the broader Consulting Development COE leadership team to establish annual priorities for the Design team and secure resources to execute on them
- Lead a team that will design innovative learning solutions that improve performance, drive business outcomes, and engage the modern learner by recommending appropriate delivery mechanisms (e.g., classroom, e-Learning, virtual classroom, performance support, blended learning, curation)
- Create, implement and evolve a repeatable design approach using strong project management skills (e.g., traditional waterfall and agile methods), work-plan monitoring and milestone management (knowing what to prioritize and why, knowing who to inform and when to escalate).
- Execute change management, stakeholder management, and communication campaign plans that drive an effective and efficient process from vision to implementation, delivers on strategic goals and provides appropriate stakeholders updates for your learning audience.
- Serve as a change agent to the various practices, competencies, offering portfolios, internal stakeholders, executive leadership, and learning and development COE.
- Facilitate stakeholder collaboration and design thinking sessions to conduct robust needs assessments and various design meetings that define development priorities.
- Create program design budgets and actively manage the budget and forecast with period-by-period accuracy.
- Manage vendor relationships, contracts and SOWs as work is needed across various projects.
- Lead with excellence and foster a high-performing team (made up of direct reports, rotational roles, and vendors) in a virtual environment; develop people through advocacy, coaching, mentoring and training.
- Foster the global connection of offshore resources to the design team (USI L&D resources, Learning Design Services, and global volunteer roles).
- Serve as part of the Consulting Development COE leadership team helping to give direction to the COE and be the voice of your area for the good of the greater whole.
- Actively partner with the Consulting Development learning teammates across the Development COE and potentially share ideas across other functions.
- Contribute to additional Talent and Firm initiatives aligned with individual strengths and goals as opportunities present.
You'll be working on the Consulting Learning team, within the Development Center of Excellence (COE). The Development COE delivers business-focused, efficient and innovative learning and development programs and experiences, thoughtfully designed to help our professionals best serve at every stage of their career. Through the work of this COE, development at Deloitte is not just about education – development is a vital part of Deloitte's leadership culture.
- Bachelor's Degree; Minimum 10 years of related experience
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, professional services environment
- Proven team leadership skills
- Established track record for taking a consultative approach to designing and delivering innovative learning programs with measurable business results
- Go-to resource for leader development, adult learning theories, leading-edge instructional design methods, performance consulting, communications and change management
- Strong strategic and critical thinking to identify interdependencies between issues, data, and outcomes; clear understanding of how moving pieces come together to build the big picture
- Significant program management experience in successfully planning, managing and delivering multiple concurrent and complex work streams in a matrixed organization
- Outstanding interpersonal skills that build relationships at all levels in the organization with the ability to influence, collaborate, and build consensus
- Strong analytical skills and ability to identify and present data-driven insights and trends
- Proven ability to communicate ideas and insights in person, virtually, and in writing, succinctly and with impact, understanding what is relevant vs. what is “noise” to the audience. Strong creative writing skills.
- Strong command of Microsoft Office skills and ability to produce deliverables that carry a “stamp of excellence.”
- In Excel, aggregate data, conduct complex analysis and display results visually
- In PowerPoint, translate data into insights and tell a logically structured, succinct, and compelling story tailored to your audience; convey clear and easily actionable recommendations
- In Word, create clear, concise communications with a user-friendly layout conducive to cognition.
- Up to 20% travel could be required based on role responsibilities
- MBA or other advanced degree in training and development, human resources development, education, organizational psychology or related field
- Prior consulting or professional services experience
How you'll grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and are continuously looking for new ways to maintain a culture where our people excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Learn more about Life at Deloitte.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte's impact on the world.
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you're applying to. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals.
As used in this posting, “Deloitte” means Deloitte Services LP, a subsidiary of Deloitte LLP. Please see www.deloitte.com/us/about for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
Deloitte will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws. See notices of various ban-the-box laws where available. https://www2.deloitte.com/us/en/pages/careers/articles/ban-the-box-notices.html
Requisition code: E20NATSSRMJM103-HRL6
Apply on company website