Senior Manager, Operations Transformation, Cross Industry Payments
Help our clients navigate dynamic and disruptive markets. The solutions we provide will help them drive product and service innovation, improve financial performance, accelerate speed to market, and operate their platforms to innovate continuously.
Work you'll do
Senior Managers are expected to contribute to the firm's growth and development in a variety of ways, including:
- Engagement Management: Lead engagement planning and budgeting; mobilize and manage engagement teams; define deliverable structure and content; facilitate buy-in of proposed solutions from top management levels at the client; direct on-time, quality delivery of work products; manage engagement economics; manage engagement risk
- Client Management: Manage day to day interactions with executive clients and sponsors
- Business Development: Develop and maintain contact with top decision makers at key clients; organize and lead pursuit teams; participate and lead aspects of the proposal development process; contribute to the development of proposal pricing strategies
- Practice Development & Eminence: Develop practical solutions and methodologies; assist in developing \"thoughtware\" and \"point- of-view\" documents; participate in public speaking events; get published in industry periodicals
- People Development: Perform role of counselor and coach; provide input and guidance into the staffing process; actively participate in staff recruitment and retention activities; provide leadership and support for delivery teams and staff in local offices
Op Model Transformation Team
Our Op Model Transformation team focuses on transforming our clients' core business operations. We advise, design, implement, and deploy solutions focused on “heart of the business” issues in specific sectors. Sectors and focus prioritized for this role are Payments related consulting services in retail and consumer products, travel and hospitality. Other sectors such as healthcare and energy are also valuable, though a lower priority. Our Market Offerings include Operating Model Transformation, Payments & Revenue Cycle Innovation and Emerging Business Models.
Our clients seek a fresh perspective on how to create a flexible, innovative business model supported by a strong operations foundation. Professionals will use their deep payments as well as sector knowledge and technical business operations consulting experience to take a more strategic view of our clients' priorities, helping them to prepare for growth, embrace the digital agenda and maximize operational efficiency in payments (credit, debit, ACH, Check, P2P, RTP, etc).
- Bachelor's degree from accredited university with strong undergraduate academic record.
- 8 years of consulting and payment industry experience required or 8 plus years of larger firm consulting experience.
- Experience with processors such as Worldpay, Adyen, Paymetric, First Data, Fiserv, FIS, Total Systems, debit and credit card processing, Cards or Payments BCP/Disaster Recovery, experience with referential merchant processing payment platform architectures, cards experience at a major retailer, Verfone, Ingenico, card authorization, payment settlement or merchant acquiring.
- Proven experience in leading small engagements or components of large, complex engagements.
- Ability to lead and deliver large, complex client engagements that identify, design, and implement creative business and technology solutions for large companies.
- Prior experience providing service excellence by identifying key client business issues, determining client needs by supplementing the standard assessment techniques and tools with innovative approaches, evaluating and validating analysis and developing recommendations for the client in the context of the overall engagement.
- Ability to demonstrate experience in overseeing the quality of deliverables and effectively manage the team and day-to-day relationships to ensure exceptional performance.
- Required to sell and deliver at least $3 million per year.
- Experience in developing and presenting proposals for business development activities.
- The ability and willingness to travel up to 80%.
- Limited immigration sponsorship may be available.
In addition, successful Senior Managers will also have the following preferred skills
- Possesses and demonstrates a passion for selling and delivering payments projects at both providers and users (merchants and corporates) of payments products across industries, including payments issuing, processing, acquiring, and switching (networks).
- Experience leading projects that have historically been larger than $500,000, with teams of 5 or more.
- Has demonstrated eminence including formal publishing, presenting and blogging about payments.
- Has a strong understanding of the current trends, regulations, challenges, opportunity and competition across the payments value chain.
- Is highly mobile to cover clients in nearly all contiguous US states.
How you'll grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs at Deloitte University, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Explore Deloitte University, The Leadership Center.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and are continuously looking for new ways to maintain a culture where our people excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Learn more about Life at Deloitte.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte's impact on the world.
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you're applying to. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals.
As used in this posting, “Deloitte” means Deloitte Consulting LLP, a subsidiary of Deloitte LLP. Please see www.deloitte.com/us/about for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries. Certain services may not be available to attest clients under the rules and regulations of public accounting.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
Deloitte will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws. See notices of various ban-the-box laws where available. https://www2.deloitte.com/us/en/pages/careers/articles/ban-the-box-notices.html
Requisition code: E20NATCSRMJC061-CBO
Apply on company website