Are you an experienced, passionate pioneer in technology? A roll-up-your-sleeves Senior Systems Administrator who wants be part of a collaborative environment? A leader who can incorporate new ideas in a think-tank and share new ideas with your colleagues? If so, consider an opportunity with our US Delivery Center - we are breaking the mold of a typical Delivery Center.
Our US Delivery Centers have been growing since 2014 with significant, continued growth on the horizon. Interested? Read more about our opportunity below.
Work you'll do/Responsibilities
- Consult clients and consulting teams on most relevant tools/techniques to solve client issues and exceed client requirements
- Develop architecture, design, and implementation documentation
- Perform the build-out, management, and support activities of the entire application landscape across multiple tiers (development, test, pre-prod, production)
- Lead a team comprised of server and environment management, middleware, and cloud engineers and be responsible for performing the day-to-day server and environment management activities
- Identify gaps and constraints associated with business requirements and process and aid in providing solutions to resolve the process issues
Deloitte's Government & Public Services practice—our people, ideas, technology, and outcomes—is designed for impact. Our team of over 15,000+ professionals brings a fresh perspective to help you anticipate disruption, reimagine the possible, and fulfill your mission promise.
The US Systems Engineering Offering delivers large-scale software applications and integrated systems and assists its clients with architecture design, assessment and optimization, and definition. The practice aims at developing service-oriented architecture (SOA) and other integration solutions to enable information sharing and management between business partners and disparate processes and systems. It would focus on key client issues that impact the core business by delivering operational value, driving down the cost of quality, and enhancing technology innovation.
- 6+ years of proven experience as a System Administrator
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a combination of education and equivalent years of relevant experience
- In-depth knowledge of Windows Server 2012 R2 or later
- Experience working in a Linux environment
- Experience scripting with Shell, Perl, Bash, and/or Python
- Knowledge installing, configuring, and maintaining virtualization systems such as VMware vSphere
- Administration skills specific to system upgrades, maintenance, server tuning, and hypervisor server hardening
- Travel up to 10% annually (While 10% of travel is a requirement of the role, due to COVID-19, non-essential travel has been suspended until further notice.)
- Limited immigration sponsorship may be available
- Azure certification
From developing a stand out resume to putting your best foot forward in the interview, we want you to feel prepared and confident as you explore opportunities at Deloitte. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte recruiters.Benefits
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.Our people and culture
Our diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture empowers our people to be who they are, contribute their unique perspectives, and make a difference individually and collectively. It enables us to leverage different ideas and perspectives, and bring more creativity and innovation to help solve our client most complex challenges. This makes Deloitte one of the most rewarding places to work. Learn more about our inclusive culture.Professional development
From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn. We offer opportunities to build new skills, take on leadership opportunities and connect and grow through mentorship. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Learn more about our commitment to developing our people.
As used in this posting, "Deloitte" means Deloitte Consulting LLP, a subsidiary of Deloitte LLP. Please see www.deloitte.com/us/about for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
Deloitte will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws. See notices of various ban-the-box laws where available.
Requisition code: 52503
Apply on company website