It's the dawn of a new era! No longer does Deloitte view alliance partners strictly as singular entities with go to market relationships. Instead, we are now also forming Ecosystems – a deliberate configuration of a collection of multi-party strategic relationships to influence the market and monetize value. Deloitte's most prominent new ecosystem, the Smart Factory @ Wichita, needs a leader. Our Ecosystems & Alliances (E&A) team is expanding to meet the challenge of this new era as well. The Ecosystem Manager will join a new team forming to leverage the lessons of the Smart Factory @ Wichita to build repeatable processes and ecosystem portfolio management capabilities.
What is the Smart Factory @ Wichita?
Deloitte and Wichita State University (WSU) have partnered to create an immersive and cutting-edge experience center at The Smart Factory @ Wichita. The innovative space will be designed for customized, interactive client experiences, and will be furnished with Industry 4.0 technologies – the application of physical and digital technologies from startups and leading manufacturing hardware and software solution providers, in pursuit of enhanced performance and value (however defined).
Work you'll do
Manage and drive the Smart Factory @ Wichita Ecosystem
- Own and manage Smart Factory @ Wichita governance to drive appropriate interactions, cadence and priority establishment among the ecosystem partners and deal teams
- Provide advisory and coordination support to solution teams and ecosystem partners on an ongoing basis, facilitating progress, alignment around decision-making, risks and mitigation strategies are defined
- Develop and execute an end-to-end opportunity management (sales enablement) process to help drive “speed to market” with key partners as well as lead generation, marketing, alliance marketing, and others as needed
- Help define and drive ecosystem partner engagement models, roles and responsibilities, and desired outcomes of collaborations across internal and external stakeholders
- Manage interactions with internal and external ecosystem leaders, facilitating leadership discussions, negotiating agreements as needed, and driving progress on co-development, go-to-market, and marketing activities
- Liaise with numerous leaders and teams, including: Smart Factory Offering Leader, Experience Manager and Technology Manager, Lead Alliance Partners / Managers / Marketers, New Business Innovation, Alliance Formations, Technical Architecture, and more
- Drive increased connectivity between solution teams and ecosystem partners to help expand and drive the Smart Factory @ Wichita
- Help drive value for the ecosystem partner's investments based on various investment levels
- Help develop portfolio strategy across ecosystem partners, defining how partners can enhance and enable contribution to the ecosystem success
- Establish and assess performance against KPIs across the Smart Factory @ Wichita, including appropriate tracking and executive reporting
- Evaluate and refine our portfolio of partners that supply technologies and business capabilities for the Smart Factory to drive market creation efforts
- Manage intake, onboarding and offboarding of ecosystem partners as the portfolio changes to address performance or solution needs aligned to market creation efforts
- Advise ecosystem teams on build/GTM decisions
Participate in ongoing establishment and evolution of E&A Ecosystems Capability
- Continue development and maintenance of the Ecosystem Playbook, which is a blueprint for the formation of additional, new ecosystems
- Leverage experience gained from Smart Factory @ Wichita to provide strategic insights to both Smart Factory ecosystem as well as E&A Ecosystem leadership as part of the ongoing effort to improve ecosystem efforts
Deloitte's Consulting Ecosystems & Alliances Team is a part of Deloitte Consulting LLP's National Office practice. Our Alliances partner with leading companies in a variety of industries to create value added services and solutions for our clients. The team is made up of professional alliance managers, alliance marketers and technical architects who understand the principles that drive successful alliance relationships. We are standing up an Ecosystems team within E&A to address our strategy to develop a foundational ecosystems program as the Firm continues to meet the challenge of the market and client needs. Together, they enable differentiated, innovative go-to-market solutions between our practice and alliance partners that bring quantified value to our clients and incremental revenue to the firm. You'll work closely with team members to share best practices and leverage marketing programs and initiatives; create a culture of collaboration and continuous improvement.
The Smart Factory @ Wichita Ecosystem Manager will also work directly with the smart factory team that further includes members located onsite at WSU, including an Experience Manager (owns creative integration and the daily operations of the Smart Factory @ Wichita immersive experience) and Technical Manager (manages all technical and operational aspects of the experience center and factory floor to ensure tour readiness).
- Bachelor's degree
- 8 years + of relevant, program/stakeholder management experience, progressively advancing experience
- Strong business acumen including experience in project management
- Demonstrated experience building and maintaining strong relationships with a diverse set of internal and external constituencies, including senior level executives, consulting resources, technical teams, and alliance partners
- Previous market/client-facing experience and leadership on client pursuits/selling
- Previous alliance management or ecosystem experience
- A strong desire to develop something new and repeatable
- Travel up to 50% (While up to 50% travel is typical of the role, due to COVID-19, non-essential travel has been suspended until further notice.)
- Familiarity with the following or similar use cases: Quality Sensing & Detection, Factory Asset Intelligence / Performance Management, Factory Synchronization & Dynamic Scheduling, Smart Warehousing Solutions, Engineering Collaboration / Digital Twin, Augmented Workforce Efficiency
- Experience working with and understanding MES, IoT, and related manufacturing technologies and vendors
- Advanced degree a plus
- Strong core competency skills – program oversight/management, structured problem solving, senior stakeholder engagement and management, executive communications, verbal and written communication, strategic initiative governance, and leadership engagement
- Strong executive presence and persuasive communication (written and verbal) skills that drive strategic discussion and clear action-oriented outcomes
- Ability to successfully influence across a diverse set of executive leadership stakeholders in a highly matrixed organization
- Experience aligning decisions and facilitating leadership discussions across both internal and external networks
- Ability to effectively interact with and manage external (non-Deloitte) and Deloitte stakeholders around asset co-development, joint go-to-market activities, and deal structuring
- Skilled in distilling disparate information to quickly connect the dots across diverse perspectives and produce a clear path toward results
- Ability to define, drive, and execute go-to-market strategies and sales enablement
- Experience driving strategic initiatives across industries and/or offerings
- Technology literacy and ability to translate between business leaders and technical teams developing solutions
- Familiarity with performance management and executive reporting, to include overseeing KPIs, opportunity pipeline, and investment impact tracking
- Exceptional attention to detail, responsiveness, and strong track record of executing high-impact initiatives
- Ability to anticipate and drive mitigation around program risks
From developing a stand out resume to putting your best foot forward in the interview, we want you to feel prepared and confident as you explore opportunities at Deloitte. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte recruiters.Benefits
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.Our people and culture
Our diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture empowers our people to be who they are, contribute their unique perspectives, and make a difference individually and collectively. It enables us to leverage different ideas and perspectives, and bring more creativity and innovation to help solve our client most complex challenges. This makes Deloitte one of the most rewarding places to work. Learn more about our inclusive culture.Professional development
From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn. We offer opportunities to build new skills, take on leadership opportunities and connect and grow through mentorship. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Learn more about our commitment to developing our people.
As used in this posting, "Deloitte" means Deloitte Consulting LLP, a subsidiary of Deloitte LLP. Please see www.deloitte.com/us/about for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
Deloitte will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws. See notices of various ban-the-box laws where available.
Requisition code: 18472
Apply on company website