Are you energized by helping organizations protect their data and build client trust? Do you want to work in one of the world's largest holistic internal cybersecurity organizations? If you're interested in proactively preventing, detecting, and responding to cyber attacks across a complex global footprint, then Deloitte Global could be the perfect place for you. We're looking for an analytical thinker passionate about cybersecurity to join our team.
Work you'll do:
The successful candidate will provide ongoing engineering of the current Splunk infrastructure as well as the migration/implementation of Splunk products in a global multi-data center environment. This role also requires a forward thinking consultative approach and a high degree of collaboration with the Splunk architect and customer Infrastructure teams.
The Splunk Reliability Engineer works closely with team leadership to ensure integration of operations and maintenance to team standards. He/she will have experience in Agile/Scrum, Site Reliability Engineering, DevOps, DevSecOps and an understanding of the tools to support these such as ALM, Kanban, etc. He/she exhibits a high service attitude and operations discipline to deliver a 24x7, highly-available and highly-performing, production applications.
- Partner with development and operations teams to develop practical automation solutions and custom modules.
- Lead team initiatives to continuously refine our deployment practices for improved reliability, repeatability and security. Creating plans and collaborating with other Reliability Engineering team members, while coordinating with development and business teams.
- Create, optimize, and continuously evaluate security monitoring content (correlated searches/alerts) on Splunk ES.
- Design and create new detection techniques and improve existing ones, providing thought leadership for all design, implementation, and maintenance activities related to Splunk ES.
- Design effective monitoring/alerting (for conditions such as application-errors, high memory usage) and log aggregation approaches (to quickly access logs for troubleshooting, or generate reports for trend analysis) to proactively notify business stakeholders of issues and communicate metrics, working closely with these stakeholders, using tools including AlertSite, SCOM, and New Relic.
- Help refine DevSecOps security practices (including regular security patching, privileged account management, SSL certificate updates, minimum-permission accounts and policies, encryption) in compliance with Deloitte security standards and regulations, implement, and verify them, using tools including VigilantShield, HP Fortify SCA, Qualys to analyze and verify compliance.
- Clearly document and diagram deployment-specific aspects of architectures and environments, working closely with Various teams to create application runbooks, playbooks, and knowledge base documents.
- Troubleshoot issues in production and other environments, applying debugging and problem-solving techniques (e.g., log analysis, non-invasive tests), working closely with Development, QE teams.
- Suggest deployment patterns & practices improvements based on learnings from past deployments and production issues, collaborate with Reliability Engineering teams to implement these.
- After hours on-call support occasionally required.
What you'll be part of - our Deloitte Global culture:
At Deloitte, we expect results. Incredible—tangible—results. And Deloitte Global professionals play a unique role in delivering those results. We reach across disciplines and borders to serve our global organization. We are the engine of Deloitte. We develop and lead global strategies and provide programs and services that unite our network.
In Deloitte Global, everyone has an opportunity to lead. We see the importance of your perspective and your ability to create value. We want you to fit in—with an inclusive culture, focus on work-life fit and well-being, and a supportive, connected environment; but we also want you to stand out—with opportunities to have a strategic impact, innovate, and take the risks necessary to make your mark.
Deloitte Global supports our talented professionals in answering the question: What impact will you make?
Who you'll work with:
The Deloitte Global Cybersecurity function is responsible for enhancing data protection, standardizing and securing critical infrastructure, and gaining cyber visibility through security operations centers. The Cybersecurity organization delivers a comprehensive set of security services to Deloitte's global network of firms around the globe.
To be considered for this role, there are certain qualifications you'll have to have. And others that would be really, really nice.
- \n 3+ years of Strong Linux Administration and Design experience required (RHCSA certification a plus) \n
- \n 7 years of experience in the IT field. \n
- \n 3-5 years of Release Management Coordination/Engineering experience managing builds through development, QA, UAT through to production. \n
- \n Strong Linux Scripting Required \n
- \n Understand how to automate builds for developer environments from development through production within a Continuous Delivery model. \n
- \n Experience of practical implementations of Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery tools with VSTS, Jenkins or comparable technology or tools. \n
- \n Must understand the Scrum Agile methodology and have worked on a Scrum team. \n
- \n Strong understanding of Cloud Services – Azure, AWS \n
- \n Experience with configuration management tools such as Ansible, Chef, or Puppet \n
- \n Knowledge of networking, firewalls, load balancers etc. \n
- \n Knowledge of best practices for IT operations in an always-on, always-available service model \n
- \n Exceptional communication skills and the ability to communicate appropriately with technical teams. \n
- \n Excellent influencing and reasoning skills; good at conflict resolution and consensus building. \n
- \n A solid understanding of Windows administration \n
- \n Familiarity with at least one code build/deploy tool's such as Jenkins, VSTS, TeamCity or GoCD \n
- \n Experience with monitoring / alerting tools such as New Relic, AlertSite, Keynote, SCOM
Education and experience:
- \n Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Business Information Systems or relevant experience and accomplishments. \n
- \n Splunk Certified Admin Certification Preferred
Experience in working in a large global organization\n
How you'll grow:
Deloitte Global inspires leaders at every level. We believe in investing in you, helping you embrace leadership opportunities at every step of your career, and helping you identify and hone your unique strengths. We encourage you to grow by providing formal and informal development programs, coaching and mentoring, and on-the-job challenges. We want you to ask questions, take chances, and explore the possible.
Benefits you'll receive:
Deloitte's Total Rewards program reflects our continued commitment to lead from the front in everything we do — that's why we take pride in offering a comprehensive variety of programs and resources to support your health and well-being needs. We provide the benefits, competitive compensation, and recognition to help sustain your efforts in making an impact that matters.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
Nothing in this job description/posting shall constitute an offer or promise of employment. If you are not reviewing this job posting on our Careers' site (jobs2.deloitte.com) or one of our approved job boards we cannot guarantee the validity of this posting. For a list of our current postings, please visit us at jobs2.deloitte.com
Requisition code: DE19USAGTS004FF1802
Apply on company website