As a Senior Consultant in Deloitte Risk & Financial Advisory's Controllership Services practice, you will gain valuable hands-on experience working alongside leading professionals while building your professional skills in a variety of digital finance and accounting specialties including reporting, process optimization, reconciliation, internal controls and other areas using Workiva solution.
You will be involved in developing business requirements, policies and procedures, technical and data transformation requirements, and designing/ implementing a variety of solutions that help clients address challenging business issues. You may also be exposed to other disciplines and solutions within Controllership Services, including Accounting Information Science, ERPs, Profitability & Analytics, Blackline and RPA.
Our Deloitte Risk & Financial Advisory business helps organizations effectively navigate business risks and opportunities—from strategic, and financial risks to operational, and regulatory risks—to gain competitive advantage. We apply our experience in ongoing business operations and corporate lifecycle events to help clients become stronger and more resilient. Our market-leading teams help clients embrace complexity to accelerate performance, disrupt through innovation, and lead in their industries.Work you'll do
You will optimize processes, develop requirements, create roadmaps, and manipulate, and manage data connections, tool workflows, templates and permissions to deliver meaningful transformation leveraging Workiva solution. Sample Senior Consultant responsibilities include:
- Working with clients to understand business challenges and identify solutions to drive desired outcomes
- Performing current state assessment of client accounting, reporting, reconciliation, data, and algorithm capabilities
- Leveraging tools to enable actionable decision making
- Developing system requirements, designing and prototyping, testing, training, defining support procedures and implementing with specific focus on Workiva and Blackline
- Focus accounting and finance domain areas will include management/ cost accounting, intercompany accounting, consolidations accounting, accrual accounting, predictive accounting, and enterprise data modeling
- Mapping data flows and to identify optimal design and governance options as well as potential risks
- Developing business solutions leveraging emerging automation, cognitive, and machine learning tools.
Deloitte Risk and Financial Advisory helps our clients transform business issues into opportunities for growth and long-term competitive advantage. Learn more about our team at Deloitte.Qualifications
- 1-2 years of Workiva
- Undergraduate or master's degree in the following majors with relevant business, technology, data and/or analytical focused coursework:
- Business: Accounting, Economics, Finance, Business Analytics
- Technology: Management Information Systems, Accounting Information Systems, Computer Science
- Math/Engineering: Computer Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics, Industrial Engineering
- Strong communication, team building, teaming and presentation experience
- 3+ years of technical or advisory-related experience in controllership, accounting, financial planning and analysis, reporting
- Opportunities to travel up to 50%, depending on role and location
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple projects/assignments/responsibilities in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Experience in building finance and accounting models and using purpose-built or custom-built solutions
- Experience in leading and developing teams
- Experience with packaged technologies – Workiva
- Master's degree in Business, Technology or Math/Engineering
- Experience with packaged technologies (e.g., S/4HANA, Oracle Cloud, Workday, BlackLine, Workiva) or RPA
- Project experience in areas such as process mapping, root cause/gap analysis/best fit, requirements gathering / definition development, financial modeling and value mapping
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- High energy, result driven person
- Ability to energize teams through inclusiveness and connection with people
- Strong commitment to the customer
- Ability to multi-task and ensure timely deliverables
From developing a stand out resume to putting your best foot forward in the interview, we want you to feel prepared and confident as you explore opportunities at Deloitte. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte recruiters.Benefits
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.Our people and culture
Our diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture empowers our people to be who they are, contribute their unique perspectives, and make a difference individually and collectively. It enables us to leverage different ideas and perspectives, and bring more creativity and innovation to help solve our client most complex challenges. This makes Deloitte one of the most rewarding places to work. Learn more about our inclusive culture.Professional development
From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn. We offer opportunities to build new skills, take on leadership opportunities and connect and grow through mentorship. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Learn more about our commitment to developing our people.
As used in this posting, "Deloitte Advisory" means Deloitte & Touche LLP, which provides audit and enterprise risk services; Deloitte Financial Advisory Services LLP, which provides forensic, dispute, and other consulting services; and its affiliate, Deloitte Transactions and Business Analytics LLP, which provides a wide range of advisory and analytics services. Deloitte Transactions and Business Analytics LLP is not a certified public accounting firm. Please see www.deloitte.com/us/about for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries. These entities are separate subsidiaries of Deloitte LLP.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
Deloitte will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws. See notices of various ban-the-box laws where available.
Requisition code: 15299
Apply on company website