Deloitte Tax LLP seeks a Tax Senior in New York, NY.
Work You'll Do
Assist clients to balance compliance details and long-term tax strategies as well as understand national, state and local, and international tax structures and align tax functions with business objectives. Provide day-to-day client service relationships and serve as the gateway to a variety of specialized tax services that can help improve compliance with taxing entities while maintaining each client's overall tax risk profile. Work closely with clients and other members of the team to understand each organization's global goals and strategies and how industry and economic trends affect the business. Provide compliance and consulting services to corporate and partnership clients. Identify complex tax issues and provide tax analysis for a variety of entities and their affiliates. Primary responsibilities include participating in complex tax research projects for clients in diverse industries, and researching and analyzing a wide range of tax issues related to business transactions and the tax implications of financing techniques for a variety of entities and their affiliates. Undertake tax compliance assignments for current and former executives of client corporations and partners of client organizations. Mentor and coach junior team members and escalate issues when necessary. Responsible for reviewing the application of the intricacies of tax regulations and their relationship to business. Review tax returns and keeping up-to-date on current tax practices and technical issues.
- Bachelor's (or higher) degree in Accounting, Finance, Taxation, or related field (willing to accept foreign education equivalent).
- Eighteen months of experience providing tax planning services or preparing and reviewing client work papers and tax returns.
- Experience must include eighteen months of:
- Preparing and reviewing PFIC (Passive Foreign Investment Corporation) statement, Form 5471, Form 926, Trust Return 1041, Form 1065, Form 1120, and Form 8865 for US investors;
- Preparing tax-basis financial statements based on client-provided financial data;
- Applying tax codes and regulations relating to CFC (Controlled Foreign Company), subpart F income, and derivative transactions, including TRS (total return swap), interest rate swap, and currency swaps;
- Preparing taxable income calculation and phantom income reconciliation, and calculating tax basis amortization of original issuance discount, market discount, and premium;
- Utilizing tax software, including GoSystem, ProSystem, Corptax and CCH Axcess to provide tax compliance services to clients;
- Analyzing financial transaction reports, including financial statements and trial balance, to project tax liabilities, 163j and 1042 amounts, and footnotes including 826, 8865, and 199A;
- Collaborating with various engagements teams to review and ensure clients' tax law compliance, including reviewing federal tax returns; and
- Calculating and tracking tax and 704b basis in underlying partnership investments.
How You'll Grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there is always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs at Deloitte University, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Explore Deloitte University, The Leadership Center.Recruiting tips
From developing a stand out resume to putting your best foot forward in the interview, we want you to feel prepared and confident as you explore opportunities at Deloitte. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte recruiters.Benefits
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.Our people and culture
Our diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture empowers our people to be who they are, contribute their unique perspectives, and make a difference individually and collectively. It enables us to leverage different ideas and perspectives, and bring more creativity and innovation to help solve our client most complex challenges. This makes Deloitte one of the most rewarding places to work. Learn more about our inclusive culture.Professional development
From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn. We offer opportunities to build new skills, take on leadership opportunities and connect and grow through mentorship. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Learn more about our commitment to developing our people.
As used in this posting, "Deloitte" means Deloitte Tax LLP, a subsidiary of Deloitte LLP. Please see www.deloitte.com/us/about for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries. Certain services may not be available to attest clients under the rules and regulations of public accounting.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
Deloitte will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws. See notices of various ban-the-box laws where available.
Requisition code: 27564
Apply on company website