Deloitte Tax LLP seeks a Tax Senior in Chicago, IL.
Work You'll Do
Assist clients to manage state tax liability and such challenges as states with unique tax laws, the enforcement focus of state departments of revenue, the growing number of audits, and increased merger and acquisition activity. Services include business restructuring, credits and incentives, sales and use tax, sales and use tax outsourcing, state income and franchise tax, state strategic tax review, and state tax controversy. Provide compliance and consulting services to corporate and pass-through clients. Identify complex tax issues and provide tax analysis for a variety of entities and their affiliates. Oversee complex tax research projects for clients in diverse industries as well as research and analyze a wide range of tax issues such as deferred tax liability issues and tax implications of financing techniques for a variety of entities and their affiliates.
- Bachelor's (or higher) degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field (willing to accept foreign education equivalent).
- Eighteen months of experience in preparing and reviewing tax returns, estimates, extensions, and provisions for corporations and partnerships in multistate jurisdictions.
- Experience must include eighteen months of:
- Providing income and franchise tax consulting, tax planning, state tax audit defense, and income tax accounting services for multistate companies;
- Preparing and filing K-1s, withholding and composite returns for partnerships and limited liability companies, including hedge funds and private equity funds;
- Utilizing tax research tools, including CCH, LexisNexis, Superform, RIA Checkpoint, and BNA to research complex tax issues relating to tax law changes, regulations, or state tax matters;
- Utilizing tax preparation software, including Corptax, GoSystem, and SuperForm, to prepare corporate and partnership state and local tax returns;
- Drafting summaries and performing technical review of investor packages, partnership state and local tax returns, work papers, and estimated payment and withholding calculations and related filings;
- Interacting directly with management of the Multistate Tax Core team and clients to discuss tax compliance findings, issues, and resolution;
- Executing complex multi-state tax issues, including building tax-effect schedules and writing correspondence for audit defense;
- Performing state taxation services, including state apportionments, modifications and state and local credits calculation, based on varying state regulations; and
- Preparing complex tax technical memos, responding to Information Document Requests (IDRs) and various tax notices.
How You'll Grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there is always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs at Deloitte University, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Explore Deloitte University, The Leadership Center.Recruiting tips
From developing a stand out resume to putting your best foot forward in the interview, we want you to feel prepared and confident as you explore opportunities at Deloitte. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte recruiters.Benefits
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.Our people and culture
Our diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture empowers our people to be who they are, contribute their unique perspectives, and make a difference individually and collectively. It enables us to leverage different ideas and perspectives, and bring more creativity and innovation to help solve our client most complex challenges. This makes Deloitte one of the most rewarding places to work. Learn more about our inclusive culture.Professional development
From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn. We offer opportunities to build new skills, take on leadership opportunities and connect and grow through mentorship. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Learn more about our commitment to developing our people.
As used in this posting, "Deloitte" means Deloitte Tax LLP, a subsidiary of Deloitte LLP. Please see www.deloitte.com/us/about for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries. Certain services may not be available to attest clients under the rules and regulations of public accounting.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
Deloitte will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws. See notices of various ban-the-box laws where available.
Requisition code: 42041
Apply on company website