Are you interested in building your career in an evolving and exciting business environment? Consider a career within our Enterprise Performance Consulting practice, and work side by side with our Government clients to identify key business issues and drive meaningful change. Join us, and play a key role in helping to design our clients' roadmap to the future!
Work you'll do
Deloitte Consulting LLP's Government and Public Sector (GPS) is implementing the clients West Africa Energy Program (WAEP).
- Support Transaction Advisory Team with closure of multiple generation projects in the region
Support in evaluating energy sector generation and transmission planning in Cote d'Ivoire that may seek opportunities to access regional gas-to-power and hydropower resources
- Coordinate regulatory framework analyses, institutional strengthening, and capacity building to improve the enabling environment and to effectively engage private sector stakeholders, key civil society constituencies, and the public to achieve WAEP outcomes
- Support the WAEP Transaction Advisor to complete a capital mapping and investment barrier analysis
- Assist the WAEP Transmission Specialist in advising national and regional stakeholders on high priority domestic transmission projects
- Coordinate with the WAEP Deputy Outcome Lead to build internal capacity to address energy project environmental issues and engage with affected communities
- Work closely with individual WAEP Grid Access Acceleration Teams to effectively engage with host country counterparts and support implementation
- Integrate local context into diagnostic assessments, build strong relationships with local entities, and work to maintain counterpart momentum against a prioritized list of governance reforms
- Map key stakeholders within the country, develop appropriate outreach tools for targeted communities, and educate on key issues, such as cost of production and energy access rates
- Assist local Civil Society Organizations (CSOs) to develop and host a recurring Energy Dialogue Series
- This role is located in Abidjan, Cote d'Ivoire. Applicants must be in this location currently or willing to relocate.
Supply Chain and Network Operations
Our Supply Chain and Network Operations team helps clients transform their value chains into competitive weapons. We drive efficiency, improve flexibility, and increase responsiveness through proactive insights and decision-making. We advise, implement, and operate transformational solutions that bring world-class supply network and operational capabilities to our clients. We provide operational know-how, digital technologies, advanced analytics, and industry-specific hybrid solutions to deliver unprecedented client value. Additionally, we improve operations, product, and material flow across the breadth of the value chain and create greater supply network synergy and value through M&A events.
- Bachelor's and Master's degree in economics, engineering, finance, or other relevant field, particularly in energy sector
- Minimum of 5-7 years in energy sector implementation, 8-10 years preferred
- Experience working in similar context in Cote d'Ivoire and/or West Africa region
- Previous experience with Power Africa preferred, and/or with donor agency programs
- Demonstrated experience operating in developing country environments, including conducting technical activities
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills and ability to solve complex problems
- Ability to write, communicate, and prepare engagement materials fluently in French and English
How you'll grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs at Deloitte University, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and are continuously looking for new ways to maintain a culture where our people excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Learn more about Life at Deloitte.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte's impact on the world.
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you're applying to. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals.
As used in this posting, “Deloitte” means Deloitte Consulting LLP, a subsidiary of Deloitte LLP. Please see www.deloitte.com/us/about for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries. Certain services may not be available to attest clients under the rules and regulations of public accounting.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
Requisition code: E19ARLCPDMKD74557-EP
Apply on company website