Visual Designer // Studio Staff
Work you'll do
As a Visual Designer in our practice you will:
- Be responsible for details of production files, minimal client interaction, and capable of serving as a designer on projects with oversight from others on the Design team
- Develop your skills through training courses and mentoring
- Demonstrate a clear passion and enthusiasm for learning and pursuing your craft; constantly challenging the definition of what makes good design
- Think and solve visual challenges creatively
- Take responsibility for developing aesthetically pleasing and user-focused designs
- Work closely with both internal cross-functional teams and external clients on projects of varying length and complexity
- Utilize your advanced communication skills, working with designers to get the information you need to keep your vision moving along smoothly
- Maintain responsibility for completion and accuracy of work products
- Work comfortably and amicably with other project team members
- Bachelor's degree and at least 2–5 years of design experience
- Portfolio that shows examples of project or personal work, including but not limited to sketches, branding, visual designs, mobile and web layouts, wireframes
- Experience creating designs, from concept through prototyping, with modern programs or technologies such as, but not limited to Sketch, Adobe Creative Suite, InVision, Marvel, and Principle
- Proven ability to effectively prioritize workload and meet deadlines
- Well-rounded knowledge of design principles and techniques
- Ability to organize and self-direct to get things done
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Prior professional services or federal consulting experience
- Ability to design and build clickable and/or animated prototypes using modern tools such as, but not limited to InVision, Marvel, FRAMER.js, Principle or After Effects
- Experience with desktop, web and mobile applications and frameworks i.e. iOS, Android, Windows Phone, webOS, Bootstrap, etc.
- Familiarity or experience with the software development lifecycle (SDLC) and working in Agile environments
Deloitte Consulting LLP's Government & Public Services (GPS) Digital Customer team is creating a new model for a new age: we're a creative agency and a consultancy. Understanding the digital space and preparing for what's next is at our core. Data is our heart, Agile is our passion, and user experience is our soul. We help government deliver next-generation citizen experiences, reshape how work gets done, and rewire the way government intersects with technology. That's the power of driving disruption. That's GPS Digital Customer.
How you'll grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs at Deloitte University, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Explore Deloitte University, The Leadership Center.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and are continuously looking for new ways to maintain a culture where our people excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Learn more about Life at Deloitte.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte's impact on the world.
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you're applying to. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals.
As used in this posting, “Deloitte” means Deloitte Consulting LLP, a subsidiary of Deloitte LLP. Please see www.deloitte.com/us/about for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries. Certain services may not be available to attest clients under the rules and regulations of public accounting.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
Requisition code: E20ROSSTUSTF-108016
Apply on company website