POSITION SUMMARY Under the general supervision of the Supervisor, incumbent is responsible for patrolling various buildings for DGS clients and ensure proper authorization/access into buildings. Location: Minnesota Available Schedules: Full time shifts (Sunday-Wednesday or Wednesday-Saturday) Shifts:10:00PM - 7:00AM Pay Rate: $15.00 CB# ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS/TASKS • Must be visible at all times during shift. • Screens visitors, couriers and contractors prior to entering building. • Conduct search: mobile containers/storage units and vehicles. • Conduct Random ETD checks • Patrols and document security related inquiries from tenants, employees and the general public.
• Takes reports of criminal or other suspicious activities dealing with Company's property, personnel or operations.
• Advises management team of any emergency or security incident for appropriate resolution.
• Handles all building emergency alarms (i.e., fire, elevator entrapment, intercom and so forth).
• Inventory keys, radios and other equipment and issue keys to the contractor.
• Performs any other security related assignment as needed.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Knowledge of security principles and practices.
- Must demonstrate professional/ethical behavior in all DGS roles, tasks and responsibilities.
- Must be able to maintain strict confidentiality.
- Must have excellent customer service skills.
- Must have excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Must have excellent organizational skills.
- Safety - Ability to follow established safety policy and procedures and identifies and corrects conditions that affect safety in the workplace.
- Attendance and Reliability –Ability to maintain regular attendance and report to work on time and at assigned post at the start of the shift.
- Accuracy - Ability to perform work accurately and thoroughly to ensure locations are secured.
- Diversity - Ability to work in a friendly, respectful and professional manner with people regardless of their age, gender, race, ethnicity, religion, national origin, disability etc.
- Honesty/Integrity/Ethical Standards – Ability to maintain high standards and be honest and ethical while performing job duties and handling customer belongings.
- Communication - Ability to communicate in a professional manner with others orally or written and actively attend to, convey and understand the comments and questions of others.
- Customer Service Oriented - Ability to take care of the customers' needs and personal belongings while following company procedures.
- Teamwork – Ability to work with others as a team to perform and complete job duties.
- Adaptability - Ability to adapt to change in the workplace such as working different schedules, locations, assignments, shifts or working at various paces.
- The incumbent is regularly required to stand and walk; use hands to finger, handle, reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
Apply on company website