Summary: The Reset Specialist assembles product displays and merchandise layouts according to schematics to drive and support DPI sales at customer store sites in an assigned territory. The Reset Specialist applies specialized product knowledge to effectively place merchandise and products in visual displays, assisting the Field Sales Associate with store orders and providing credits, training and/or direction to others on DPI practices, and maintaining fixture cleanliness. The Reset Specialist may be assigned to Grocery and/or Perishable Products. Must be able to work both independently and collaboratively with coworkers, customer's employees and vendors.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- “Merchandise” product for display and placement in a way that attracts sales at customer stores and secondary and perimeter locations.
- Break down orders in receiving area and move product onto customer shelves or displays.
- Maintain quality and quantity of products on shelves by rotating products, checking code dates to ensure freshness and replenish product with back stock.
- Deliver perishable product training for customer's employees covering specialty product knowledge, usage, handling, display and selling strategies. Demonstrate proper food handling, cut and wrap practices, date coding and refrigeration requirements.
- Write and stock orders for product placement and/or issues credits for spoiled and/or returned goods in support of Field Sales Associate functions
- Maintain fixture cleanliness to enhance sales.
- Deliver exceptional customer service at all times when communicating with store management personnel and the public, adhering to customer policies and procedures in compliance with DPI's standards.
- Communicate with DPI warehouse personnel and District Manager regarding product discrepancies and/or customer issues.
- Coordinate and communicate product merchandising needs and customer requirements with Merchandiser, Sales Support and Field Sales Associates.
- Operate office and field-related electronic equipment for communications and transmission of orders and credits; operate cell phone to communicate with customers, supervisors or coworkers and for electronic timekeeping.
- Plan and carry out daily schedules according to assigned customer locations. Travel throughout assigned territory, manage timelines to ensure completion of assigned customer and DPI requirements, and respond to fluctuations in workload to deliver quality customer service according to DPI standards.
- Operate motor vehicle to travel to customer sites throughout assigned territories
- Attend training and meetings as required to meet customer and DPI standards.
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain clean work environment, which may include picking up trash or cleaning spills.
- Other duties may be assigned to fulfill DPI's objectives.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities: The employee must be proficient in written and spoken English and possess basic math skills. The employee must have a high school diploma or equivalent. Basic skill in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook and Power Point) is required. The minimum required level of experience is one year in DPI operations or a related sales field. The employee must have a valid driver's license, maintain a driving record that meets DPI's standards and insurance eligibility requirements for excess liability. The employee must have reliable transportation, and if using a personal vehicle must maintain automobile liability coverage adequate to meet the financial responsibility laws of the state(s) in which the employee operates.
Work Environment: The work environment is indoors. The employee may be exposed to variable temperatures from the three different product climates (dry, cold, freezer). The employee is also exposed to temperature variation during travel throughout assigned geographical territory. The floors are concrete in the staging area; vinyl floor covering is typical when working the aisles at a customer site. There may be exposure to exhaust fumes from idling trucks when working in the staging area in colder weather conditions.
Work Hours: The work schedule is 5 days a week, 8 hours a day. Start times vary. Work hours and shifts are subject to change depending on operating business conditions and needs. The employee may be required to work overtime, holidays or weekends.
Physical and Mental Demands: Exerts 20 to 50 pounds of force, and up to 20 pounds of force frequently to move and position product. This job also requires frequent standing and walking. The employee must know and follow proper safety protocols, DPI grooming, hygiene and dress code requirements. The employee must have good time management skills in order to assist with multiple customer accounts in a timely fashion, know the assigned customer requirements, DPI and customer policies and procedures. The employee must also understand, retain, and apply product knowledge to drive DPI sales. Application of basic mathematic functions and writing skills are needed to create orders, reconcile deliveries, and maintain inventory.
Supervisory Responsibilities: None
We participate in E-Verify, a program run by the US government that confirms your work authorization, based on the information that you provide on your Form I-9. For more information, click the links below.
Right to Work
Apply on company website