Join E*TRADE's Corporate Services Technology team as a Principal Software Engineer. The team is engaged in developing Equity Edge Online, the industry leading SaaS application for Equity Compensation Administration & Financial Reporting. As a Principal Engineer, you will play a critical role in the design and development of the Equity Edge Online application, which is used by a large number of US corporations. This role requires strong software engineering, design and development skills, and excellent problem solving skills.
- Analysis, Design and Development of Equity Edge Online application and building the architectural foundations of the next generation of Equity Edge Online.
- Work with business teams to understand business requirements, lead technology teams to deliver the product solutions to meet the business needs
- Perform all tasks associated with SDLC
- Design innovative solutions to solve business needs
- Keep up with the latest technology trends, productivity tools, DevOps and other best practices for fast paced software development
- Strive for top quality results and continuously look for ways to improve and enhance system reliability, performance, and security.
- 10+ years of software development experience with at least 5 years as a lead Engineer
- 8+ years of Object-Oriented programming experience in Java
- 6+ years of experience in the following:
- API Management products such as APIGEE, business integration products such as Mulesoft
- Tomcat, J2EE, Spring, Hibernate, Maven, Server development
- Service Oriented Architecture and micro services architecture
- Object-oriented programming design patterns and methodologies
- Oracle database development, and SQL tuning & optimization
- Modern Dev-Ops practices like containerization.
- Effectively working in a fast-paced environment and meet tight deadlines.
- Strong architectural, design, and programming skills
- Ability to quickly learn new technologies
- Proven track record of taking ownership and successfully leading project teams
- BS in Computer Science
- 4+ years of experience in API development, API Gateways
- 4+ years of stream processing tools like Kafka.
We offer a competitive and comprehensive benefits package. Please visit https://www.etradecareers.com/why-work-at-etrade/employee-benefits/ to learn more about the opportunities.
E*TRADE Financial is an Equal Opportunity Employer who encourages diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, disability, citizenship, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Who we Are
More than 30 years ago, E*TRADE pioneered the online brokerage industry by executing the first-ever electronic individual investor trade. While the landscape of our industry has changed dramatically, our culture of innovation and drive to make online trading accessible to everyone continues to drive us forward. We believe in challenging the status quo, fostering an environment of curiosity and learning, and, above all, putting our customers first.
Apply on company website