Schedules, leads, and oversees the day-to-day activities of the nursing care team, ensuring adherence to appropriate Federal, State, and local regulations and guidelines, Coordinates services with other members of the patient care team to promote nursing team care and coordination. Provides a full range of direct nursing services and patient care as appropriate.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES/ RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Monitors and coordinates the daily patient care activities of the unit under the direction of the nursing leadership team; assigns staff and patients to ensure full coverage of patient care needs at all times and to ensure safe, effective patient care and interventions.
- Provides expert, day-to-day guidance, consultation, and leadership. Leads, guides, and trains employees performing related work.
- Oversees and provides direct nursing care and/or other related care and consultation to patients as required.
- Coordinates care with all units, nursing leadership, as required; maintains communication with all members of the care team and maintains community liaison as appropriate.
- Oversees quality assurance activities and compliance to operational and regulatory standards.
- Participates in program development and in development and implementation of operating policy and procedure.
- Ensures proper care in the use and maintenance of equipment and supplies; promotes continuous improvement of workplace safety and environmental practices.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
- Supervises and mentors staff during assigned shift
- Determines staffing levels and assignments, based on census, acuity and staff availability.
- Evaluates effectiveness of patient care and identifies any issues that affect desired outcomes
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Provides supervision to Quality and Compliance staff.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE DESIRED:
- Bachelor's degree in Nursing preferred.
- A minimum of 2 years of direct patient care.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
- Licensed Registered Nurse in State where assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
Knowledge of accreditation and certification requirements and standards.
Advanced, specialized nursing skills as appropriate to the nature of medical activity.
Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
Knowledge of the specific day-to-day needs of the eating disorder patient within the area of medical specialty
Ability to provide guidance, instruction, and leadership to nursing and related patient care staff in the execution of defined nursing department protocol, procedures, and techniques.
Ability to read, understand, follow, and enforce safety procedures.
Organizing and coordinating skills.
Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to effectively work with a wide range of individuals and constituencies in a diverse community.
Critical thinking skills and decisive judgement, requiring minimal supervision
Ability to work in fast-paced environment
BASIC COMPUTER SKILLS:
- Ability to figure out what you need to navigate Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Excel), ADP and position-specific software.
- Knowledge of how to send and receive emails, as well as attach documents to an email and open attachments.
- Ability to copy and paste information and use the Web for research.
- Knowledge of basic computer terminology reboot, hard drive, flash drive, USB port, etc.
Provide oversight of the nurses and behavioral healthcare counselors assigned to the unit, functioning as the person in charge of the unit in the absence of others with higher authority.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
Current Registered Nurse License in state worked
BASIC COMPUTER SKILLS:
Knowledge of and ability to create and edit documents in Microsoft Word, create/edit PowerPoint presentations and Excel spreadsheets.
Ability to figure out what you need to navigate Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Excel), ADP and position-specific software.
Knowledge of how to send and receive emails, as well as attach documents to an email and open attachments.
Ability to copy and paste information and use the Web for research.
Knowledge of basic computer terminology reboot, hard drive, flash drive, USB port, etc.
Ability to chart using electronic medical records system.
Apply on company website