Location: Danbury, CT
Career Level: Associate
Industries: Government, Nonprofit, Education
Email me to apply later
Salary Commensurate with Experience
Competitive Benefits Package
9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- Availability to cover other Custodian's shifts for scheduled days off and weekends
- Ability to respond to after-hours emergencies in a reasonable amount of time
- Clean, sweep, mop and vacuum assigned areas in agency buildings such as offices, classrooms, conference rooms and bathrooms
- Ability to make any repairs needed quickly and with a professional manner
- Ability to set up and break down rooms, as required by Events Planning
- Ability to work independently
- Report and document any repairs requiring a professional
- Provide safe, quality and cost-effective work, while complying with laws and procedures for trash removal, fire safety, and storage of supplies
- Possible lawn maintenance required
- Adhere to EdAdvance's safety policies to create a safe work environment for everyone
- Perform walkthrough of the building at the beginning of the shift, and secure the building at the end of the shift, following security procedures
- Monitor equipment and maintain records using a checklist
- Other duties as may be assigned
- Regular and consistent attendance is considered an essential function of this position.
The Custodian works under the supervision of the Facility Supervisor.
- Prior custodial experience preferred
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Must have reliable transportation and be able to travel as required
- Must have flexibility to work early, late or weekends, on short notice
- Ability to identify problems and recommend solutions
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks and follow through to complete tasks and obligations
Apply on company website