Want to join a team with a mission to improve and save lives?
We continually look for motivated and skilled individuals who are interested in supporting our customers – healthcare professionals who use our products to help patients and their communities.
We currently have the following opportunity available - please contact us for more details!Description -
The Clinical Application Development Specialist has a primary role of collaborative customer engagement to support the development of MR guided Radiotherapy Clinical Applications on Unity as identified within our pre-development Innovation Funnel. This will require a mixture of working practices: at clinical sites; at Elekta's global offices; self-directed remote working. It is expected that this role will require over 70% of the time to be spent working remotely (eg at clinical sites). They shall ensure their expertise is deployed to ensure clinically relevant developments are progressed and evaluated, in line with the Innovation Funnel Management Process.Responsibilities -
Ownership of assigned activities within the Innovation Funnel. Activities may be internally and/or externally resourced. They may be run at Elekta, customer or key partner facilities.
Collation of innovation prospects from external customers and internal stakeholders.
Working with internal and external customers to ensure the intent, scope, value and deliverables (to and from) their research / innovation proposals are well formed and understood by reviewers and decision makers.
Providing a customer contact point for proposed research projects / Statements of Work, ensuring prospects are funnelled through the correct review and approval process.
Identification and collation of required capabilities, capacities and associated budget for proposed innovation items to ensure effective decision making.
Supporting the review and approval of proposals, deploying clinically relevant judgement of existing, emerging and future applications and relevant technologies.
Ensuring approved prospects are described and recorded in the Innovation Funnel.
Providing feedback to customers on the outcome of proposal reviews, ensuring a clear understanding of the decision and rationale is shared and understood. This may be an intermediary review or the conclusion (acceptance or declination).
Following approval, working with customers to ensure an actionable plan is created and agreed (with internal stakeholder buy-in secured).
Providing customers with a main point of contact for the approved innovation / research activity, working closely and collaboratively at the customers site as appropriate.
Management and regular review of assigned customer collaboration, ensuring committed resources are suitably planned, prepared and available to the customer as previously planned and agreed.
Review of agreed deliverables to ensure suitability of payments.
Ensuring key learnings, successes and failures, of experiments are recorded and shared with stakeholders to ensure the continual growth of knowledge relevant to the development of clinical applications and their use.
Supporting the development of a collaborative and knowledge sharing culture across external partners and between external partners and internal stakeholders.
Collation of robust, documented, recommendations for inclusion within the Product Development Roadmap.
As required and appropriate, the articulation of the Innovation Funnel and Product Roadmaps to external customers and internal stakeholders.
Identification of opportunities for protection of Intellectual Property, connecting Elekta's IP group to customers as appropriate.
Providing customer feedback to Engineering and other stakeholders through formal mechanisms as necessary.
Review of proposed and published IP.
Creation and review of external grant proposals.Authorities -
- Approval of deliverables / evidence of milestone completion.
- MR Physicist or similar with relevant clinical research experience, preferably with Radiotherapy experience.
- Deep understanding of MR technology with experience in MR sequence creation, optimization and transfer from Siemens to Philips's solutions.
- Ten or more years of experience within a clinic or related medical product development, engaged in clinical research / solution development.
- Driven, self-organizing, confident leadership skills.
- Experienced in driving sensitive discussions and negotiations.
- Experience in the evaluation of proposals.
- Articulation of complex principles and ideas into consumable elements to enable stakeholder engagement, understanding and decision making.
- High level planning of activities and deliverables, articulating clear dependencies and milestones.
- Proven experience in transforming ideas into products including technical risk analysis and associated mitigation planning.
- Proven track record with research-oriented (academic, KOL) customers and strategic customer relationship management.
- Creative mind as demonstrated by patents and/or publications.
- Proven experience in the definition of needs and associated constraints, and their transfer to solution experts.
- Ability to align the relationship between strategic objectives and detailed content.
- Commercial awareness of decision making.
- Ability to envisage and drive paradigm changes within a clinical setting.
- Experienced in building partnerships between internal and external teams and individuals.
- Sound communication skills and a confident presenter to internal and external audiences.
- Personality based on strong ethical standard, values and good judgement.
Apply on company website