Want to join a team with a mission to improve and save lives?
We continually look for motivated and skilled individuals who are interested in supporting our customers – healthcare professionals who use our products to help patients and their communities.
We currently have the following opportunity available - please contact us for more details!
Elekta is looking for a Field Service Engineer to join our dynamic Service Team!
In this role, you must be customer focused and able to perform all mechanical and electronic repairs required in a timely fashion while meeting all required administrative requirements. This position warrants the highest level of professional representation between the customer and the company in all aspects of the customer relations. It also warrants the undivided support of projects, programs, and policies established by the company.
- Able to complete all Technician Responsibilities with 100% accuracy.
- Independently perform routine troubleshooting and repairs on the designated modality with an 80% success rate of diagnosing the problem while working within the escalation procedure.
- Perform routine calibrations and preventative maintenance on their designated modality and secondary modality.
- Perform installations with assistance, on designated and secondary modality.
- Work safely in confined areas, including high current/ high voltages modulators (20- 50 kV, 1500A), and use peripheral vision to gauge distances. The confined areas have potential hand/arm ‘traps.' Depth perception is critical.
- Work safely on Elekta's full range of products including medical devices producing high-energy ionizing radiation.
- Read, analyze, interpret and follow signal flow on blueprints, schematics, and wiring diagrams.
- Instruct customers and staff in proper use of the equipment.
- Assist Sales/Customer Service with technical advice.
- Stay current on all new products.
- Submit timely and accurately; service reports, timesheets, expense reports, film badges and other paper work as assigned.
- Parts inventory management (Part sales where applicable).
- Provide product feedback to home office.
- Maintain all company-leased equipment, including company automobile, parts, and tools.
- Perform other related duties as assigned or requested.
- Incorporates Elekta Values into all department functions and responsibilities.
- Adhere to all Elekta directives, policies and procedures.
- Medical, Dental, and Vision coverage
- RSP company contribution
- Competitive Vacation Policy
- A wealth of additional benefits including Wellness Reimbursement, Tuition Reimbursement and public transportation subsidy
- Opportunity to work in the cutting edge in medical advancement
- Close knit company culture
- Upward mobility
- Associate Degree or equivalent experience preferably in Electronics, Physics or an associated discipline.
- Minimum of 3 - 5 years of related field service experience or be Level 2 qualified in two (2) or more modalities.
- Possess a good electro-mechanical aptitude.
- Computer literate.
- Proficiency in the use of test equipment and hand tools including oscilloscopes, multi-meters.
- A good understanding of Good Manufacturing Practice, including ESD requirements.
- Must have effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Exceptional customer service skills.
- Ability to represent the organization in a professional and positive manner.
- Ability to organize and prepare reports.
- Ability to bend and lift heavy machinery/equipment.
- Must be willing to travel when required and work independently.
- Uphold the Elekta's philosophy and all policies and procedures by maintaining appropriate controls to assure full compliance with applicable laws and regulations, there by fulfilling legal responsibilities and enhancing the quality of our organization.
- Must maintain an active driver's license in the home state.
Apply on company website