Want to join a team with a mission to improve and save lives?
We continually look for motivated and skilled individuals who are interested in supporting our customers – healthcare professionals who use our products to help patients and their communities.
We currently have the following opportunity available - please contact us for more details!Description
The R&D Test-Environment Software Deployment Specialist is responsible for providing computer hardware, software, and network expertise to the MR Business line and testing solutions software products throughout the software development life cycle to prove that the system meets its design requirements and is both safe and effective, in addition to troubleshooting field issues.Responsibilities
- Provide computer hardware, software, and network expertise to the system test and rapid response team
- Schedule and perform the required changes (installations, upgrades, downgrades, removals) to systems and supporting databases to maximize system availability
- Verify that the systems are fully functional and ready for use after an intervention or significant software change through the completion of clinical workflows
- Troubleshoot issues during software deployment and provide detailed feedback to the development teams
- Manage the departmental assets supporting the test infrastructure, including Software Test Benches, Virtual PC hosts
- In conjunction with the software development team, ensure that test plans and procedures are in place in order to adequately test new products and product updates.
- Distribute computer hardware, software, and network knowledge by providing training and support to users and team members to ensure there is a shared understanding of the system
- Develop and verify the adequacy of test procedures.
- Run approved test procedures on products.
- Ensure that all formal test activities are properly recorded and that the resultant records are filed in the appropriate project file.
- Assist on an ad-hoc basis and as needed, the product development team in writing product design documents
- Perform all work according to software development methodology documentation
- Ensure the accuracy and dependability of the software
- Assist with problem troubleshooting and resolution.
- Strive to continually develop and improve test methods, tools, and techniques
- Maintain the test infrastructure, including application and supporting SQL servers in our hospital-representative facility to maximize system availability for development and testing use
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or another related technical field
- Strong proficiency with the following: all MS server/Workstation operating systems, MS SQL Server, Linux operating systems, and Citrix Metaframe/XenApp, particularly within a domain environment
- Familiar with VMware vSphere Hypervisor architecture and tools (vCenter, vCenter Converter™, vSphere Thin Provisioning, vSphere Update Manager™, vSphere Content Library)
- Excellent PC and networking technical skills within all aspects of the IT environment. Familiar with Workstation and Server from HP and Dell
- Knowledge of Symantec Ghost, Powershell DSC, and Puppet will be a plus
- MSCE, CCNA, and/or Citrix CCA certification desired
- Experience with the agile environment
- Understands the Software Development Life Cycle, CMM and QA concepts, metrics, and documentation standards
- Thorough understanding of the intended use of new products, coupled with the ability to translate this understanding of the requirements into structured and comprehensive test plans and procedures.
- Background in development tools and working in an ISO environment a strong asset.
- Experience with Elekta MOSAIQ Oncology Informatics and Monaco Treatment Planning software will be beneficial
- Detail-oriented, analytical and has excellent problem solving and troubleshooting abilities
- Ability to work independently and effectively interact with colleagues in other departments, business areas, and regions
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- A consistent "can do" attitude and will to act quickly to rally organizations around a common vision
- Available to travel; about 15% International travels
Apply on company website