Purpose of Your Position
Serves as a clinical assistant to the licensed nursing staff by performing nursing procedures, basic patient care tasks and other unit activities under the supervision of a licensed nurse
Position Functions and Responsibilities
- Understands ESPC Mission and Core Values and incorporates values into daily practice.
- Continually strive to improve the organization's systems and/or services.
- Make decisions as a team to fulfill our mission, share recognition, and learn from failures.
- Treat every resident, family member, and co-worker with dignity, respect, and courtesy.
- Report on and off duty to NCC
- Performs assigned duties under the direction of the NCC or her designee (i.e. the nurse in charge).
- Takes report and makes rounds on assigned residents.
- Prepare and transport residents to therapy in a timely manner.
- Is responsible for the care and safety of assigned resident until relieved by on coming caregiver.
- Participate in the implementation of the treatment plan including rehabilitation and continuous learning for the residents within the CNA scope under the direction of the RN or LPN.
- Provide or assist residents with activities of daily living.
- Performs therapeutic procedures for children such as bathing, grooming, playing, feeding, positioning as per policy and procedure.
- Document appropriately on all flow sheets.
- Assist RN and LPN as necessary in the performance of nursing care tasks.
- Observe, report and record abnormal vital signs, temperatures, seizures activity, vomiting, diarrhea, behavior changes or any other abnormalities to the RN or LPN in charge.
- Attend appropriate meetings and in-services
- Functions as an adult role model for residents.
- Performs all assigned duties in accordance with the Center for Pediatrics and Rehabilitation's policy and procedures
- Bath residents according to the Center for Pediatrics and Rehabilitation policy and Procedure.
- Inspect resident's skin and promptly report any changes to the NCC.
- Carries out mouth care, hair care and as necessary trim finger and toe nails.
- Make two hourly checks on incontinent residents and wash and change as necessary.
- Encourages self-help measures as appropriate so that each child may reach his/her appropriate level of independence.
- Check and record urine and bowel movements.
- Ensure that assigned residents are appropriately prepared for school, clinic, recreation and hospital visits as scheduled and accompany/transport them as assigned.
- Ensure that bedfast residents are repositioned as directed by NCC but not less than two repositions per resident hourly.
- Performs restorative and rehabilitative activities as instructed and as directed by Plan of Care.
- Assists in applying safety restraints to residents when directed; Monitors residents in restraints, release restraints and documents according to policy and procedure
- Ensures that each resident who can use a call bell has one within reach and remind him/her to use it.
- Assists co-workers with lifting, positioning and other procedures as necessary.
- Be aware of facility policy on child abuse and/or neglect and promptly report any instances of abusive or inappropriate behaviors towards any resident to the NCC.
- Knows and follows The Center policy and procedure with regard to infection control including hand washing and types of isolation.
- Keep resident care area clean and free of clutter.
- Report any unsafe conditions immediately to NCC.
- Properly stores and safeguard residents' clothing and reports too many or too few clothing and or toys to NCC.
- Feeds residents or teaches residents to feed themselves as appropriate.
- Ensure that hands are washed (child and caregivers) and that meal times are pleasant, dignified experiences
- High School Diploma
- Successful completion of NYS approved Nurse Assistant Certification (RHCF) course
- Experience working with children.
- One year of experience as Nurse's Aide preferred
Yonkers, New York US
Apply on company website