Are you an experienced and caring person who has a heart for individuals with developmental disabilities? If so, Elwyn California has a position for you!
Current Direct Support Professional opportunities include Full-time, Part-time, and On-call positions
For all shifts (AM, PM, NOC)
Elwyn California is currently seeking kind Direct Support Professional who provide high quality and compassionate care to join our residential group homes teams in the Concord and Walnut Creek areas. This is a non-exempt level position reporting to the Program Administrator.
Direct Support Professional Core Duties include:
- Assisting and supervising residents in activities of daily living (ADLs).
- Responsible for adhering to and documenting an individual's program as directed by the Program Administrator, RN House Manager or licensed staff in charge.
- Responsible for providing active programming at all times.
- Responsible for adherence to standards, procedures, and schedules established by their supervisor.
- Functions are consistent with certified nurse's aide regulations.
- Responsible for ensuring that any suspicion of or knowledge of suspected abuse is reported in accordance with the law and program policies "Mandated Reporter" (SOC 341).
* High School diploma or GED.
* Certified Nurse Assistant (CNA) preferred.
* Must have at least one year experience working in a program serving persons with developmental disabilities.
* Ability to work in a variety of environments and settings.
* Ability to work weekend shifts Hours of operation is 24-7; AM-shift, PM-shift, and NOC-shift.
* Potential exposure to communicable diseases, blood-borne pathogens, medicinal preparations, and other conditions common to a clinical nursing environment.
* Interaction with consumers who display aggressive and/or self-injurious behaviors.
* Valid California driver license
* Successful completion of pre-employment physical and drug screen, including current TB
* Successful completion of DOJ and FBI background check
* Successful completion of all training as required by applicable regulations, including, but not limited to, DSP1 and DSP2.
What we provide:
Elwyn California offers medical, dental, vision, life insurance, and a 403b retirement plan. Other benefits include, paid sick time, paid vacation time, paid personal holidays, and paid legal holidays.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Elwyn California is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. EOE/M/F/D/V
We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
ABOUT ELWYN CALIFORNIA
Elwyn California is a subsidiary of Elwyn, a premier non-profit human services organization dedicated to serving children and adults with special needs. Elwyn was founded in 1852, providing innovative services for people with developmental disabilities since its inception.
Apply on company website