Are you looking for a meaningful way to connect with residents in the community? If so, please consider our direct care opportunities at Elwyn. As a direct care worker, you have the opportunity to care for individuals with intellectual & developmental disabilities and assist them with their daily actvities.
Trains, counsels and supervises those served in activities of daily living. Is responsible for adhering to and documenting an individual's program as directed by the Site Supervisor. Is also responsible for providing active programming at all times. LSAs are responsible for adherence to standards, procedures and schedules established by the Site Supervisor and Program Director.
- Minimum of High School Diploma or G.E.D.
- Relevant training and/or experience in the field of Human Services (experience working directly with individuals with developmental and/or intellectual disabilities preferred).
- A valid driver's license with a safe driving record. Continuous maintenance of same is required.
- Schedules medical appointments for consumers.
- Provides transportation for appointments, outings, etc.
- Performs administrative duties, including accepting/delivering accurate messages, filing, etc.
- Supervises, assists, and trains consumers in self-care and independent living skills, including bathing and all areas of personal hygiene.
- Participate in the development and implement the ISP.
- Assists consumers in food shopping, preparation, serving, cleaning and care of home, laundry, personal hygiene, menu planning and implementation, etc.
- Documents consumer progress and other necessary documentation.
- Ensures confidentiality of consumer records.
- Performs related work as required.
- Ability to handle multiple priorities, possess written and verbal skills for effective communication.
- Ability to demonstrate good judgment, problem solving and decision making skills
Elwyn is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation and identity, gender identity, national origin, citizenship status, genetic information, disability status, military or veteran status, marital or family status, political activities or affiliations, or any other characteristic protected by local, state, and federal law.
Melmarkkeywords: melmark, blossom, devereaux, bancroft, merakey, management, direct support, direct care, DSP,
Apply on company website