POSITION SUMMARY: The Program Finance Coordinator (PFC) ensures that financial services and supports are delivered to individuals in Supports for Living programs per the team process, per the individual's annual plan and according to Elwyn Individual Funds policies. Provides on-going monitoring of individuals' finances and record keeping of same. Ensures that authorizations for waiver services are processed timely to avoid termination of services. Ensures compliance with social security and representative payeeship requirements.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintain individuals' Finance Records in accordance with Elwyn Policy, including but not limited to, Deposits and Withdrawals, Bank Statements, Receipt Records, Benefit Award Letter (or any other income i.e. Railroad retirement income) , work earnings, life insurance, Social Security, reconciled ledgers and receipts.
- Maintain burial plan information
- Maintain Special Needs Trust information
- Open and maintain individuals' bank accounts with the authorized bank as the Elwyn representative payee responsible for the accounts for the individuals
- Process Individual Funds Request forms and make payments for individuals for which Elwyn is representative payee according to individuals' needs and team request
- Manage weekly spending money authorizations by distributing funds to authorized Elwyn personnel and reconciling the cash ledger, purchase receipts, cash out receipts, and cash for individuals monthly; coordinate flow of funds between individual and money management agent as applicable
- Ensure spending in compliance with Elwyn Policy, applicable state and federal regulations and Social Security requirements and alerting program staff and/or Quality Improvement personnel as appropriate including but not limited to initiating/approving a spend down plan when necessary and reviewing receipts for items purchased checking for appropriateness of purchase and inclusion of item in inventory
- Keep records of accounts for individuals for all income and expenditures
- Maintain individuals' eligibility for Medical Assistance (waiver eligibility) by monitoring accounts for spend downs, authorizing spend down plans, and ensuring that reports for continuing disability are completed in concert with the Qualified Intellectual Disabilities Professional/Program Specialist/Program Manager (QIDP/PS/PM)
- Complete representative payee conversions to Elwyn with the team and in concert with the Program Manager
- Complete accountability transfers for caseload changes
- Perform other duties as assigned
IMMEDIATE SUPERVISOR: Director of Operations, CRS
DIRECT REPORTS: None
CONTACTS: Supports Coordinators and other Supports Coordination Agency personnel, individuals, families, providers, representatives for County Assistance Office, Social Security Administration, medical professionals, Elwyn employees, bank representatives, outside representative payees, money management agents
- Associate's Degree or 60 credit hours OR a Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in business, accounting, or human services preferred
- One year banking or accounting experience or a combination of experience with account reconciliation, bookkeeping, representative payeeship responsibilities, or equivalent
- One year working with individuals with intellectual/developmental disabilities preferred
- Knowledge of health insurances, Medical Assistance, Social Security Administration rules preferred
- Demonstrated ability to work independently
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively as part of a team
- Demonstrated high attention to detail
- Demonstrated strong organizational and prioritization skills
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment
- Must possess excellent customer interaction, collaboration, written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated advanced experience with Microsoft Office applications, including Excel, Word and Outlook
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/ENVIRONMENTAL PROFILE: See Physical Demands Checklist below which represents the general physical demands and environment conditions to which the employee holding this position must meet, in addition to the duties and responsibilities listed above, to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Elwyn will engage otherwise qualified candidates for this position whose disabilities may require reasonable accommodations to enable an individual to perform the essential functions.
Elwyn reserves the right to revise or change job duties and responsibilities as needed. This job description is not meant to be an all-inclusive statement of duties and responsibilities of the job nor does it constitute a written or implied contract
Elwyn is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation and identity, gender identity, national origin, citizenship status, genetic information, disability status, military or veteran status, marital or family status, political activities or affiliations, or any other characteristic protected by local, state, and federal law.
#mon #cakeywords: melmark, blossom, devereaux, bancroft, merakey, management, direct support, direct care, DSP, home health aide, caregiver, HHA, patient care, PCA, certified nursing assistant, CNA, hospital of university of pennsylvania, temple university hospital, hahnemann, jefferson, fair acres, nursing home, bayada
Apply on company website