PRIMARY FUNCTION: Residential Living Staff train, counsel and supervise consumers in activities of daily living. They are responsible for adhering to and documenting a consumer's program as directed by the Program Supervisor. They are responsible for providing active programming at all times. Residential Living Staff are responsible for adherence to standards, procedures and schedules established by the Unit Director, Assistant Unit Director and Residential Program Supervisor.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE/QUALIFICATIONS: High School diploma or GED. : One to two years in Human Services preferred. Valid driver's license in state of residence and safe driving record.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Supervises, assists and trains consumers in self-care and independent living skills; including bathing, dining, nail care, domestic activities and all areas of personal hygiene. Included is aiding the client in food shopping, preparation, serving and clean-up.
- Ensures the maintenance of good personal hygiene and the use of weather appropriate clothing.
- Performs routine health care functions that are completed and documented.
- Counsels consumers with personal, behavioral or social problems, either individually or in small groups.
- Trains and assists consumers in the constructive use of leisure time. Encourages consumers to participate in planned recreational activities.
- Escorts consumers to and from programs, actively supervises consumers during dining, recreational activities, medical and other appointments. Knows and reports the whereabouts of their assigned consumers throughout their shift and assists support personnel in locating missing residents.
- Assists in the development of and adhere to the behavior management and program plans developed for each consumer.
- Attends staff meetings, including inservices and training sessions as mandated.
- Reports and documents behavior problems and other unusual incidents to proper supervisory personnel.
- Maintains a safe and clean living area for consumers, including the dining area and kitchen. Actively carries out building safety routines and takes the initiative to correct safety hazards or reports hazards to proper supervisory personnel.
- Completes reports (i.e. progress notes) and other records essential to building and program management in a timely manner.
- Participates as a member of the Interdisciplinary Team.
- Supervises, assists and trains all clients in the self-care and scheduled toileting programs in accordance with the resident's IHP.
- Completes routine visual count to assure an accurate census and a check of building security (where applicable).
- Counsel consumers' personal, behavioral and social problems as necessary.
- Observe and make written entries in the log book and individual consumer record of any behavioral problems and other unusual incidents to the proper supervisory staff.
- Actively carries out building safety routines and takes the initiative to correct safety hazards to the proper supervisory personnel.
- Remains on duty until relieved by supervisor.
- Demonstrates a consistent level of performance, strives to maintain a steady level of productivity, provides a consistent effort.
- Seeks out work that needs to be done; works on ongoing projects; and assists others when requested.
- Demonstrates the ability to adapt to changes in workload.
- Completes assigned work in a timely manner.
- Always strives to make good use of time; seeks out work that needs to be done; reports free time to supervisor; works on ongoing projects; assists others as requested.
- Demonstrates familiarity with all Elwyn policies and procedures; personally reviews all written procedures of the department annually.
- Consistently demonstrates the ability to maintain quality assurance standards and promote organizational and departmental goals and objectives in accordance with Elwyn policies and procedures.
- Regularly attends staff meetings, unit meetings, inservice and continuing education programs,
- Gives feedback to supervisor regarding any issues affecting unit operations and consumer care.
- Always consults with and advises supervisory staff of situations requiring follow-up or specific attention.
- Demonstrates an ability to independently solve problems in a creative manner.
- Demonstrates the knowledge of when to seek/solicit the help or guidance from co-workers and/or immediate supervisor or appropriate resource person.
- Continually works with supportive staff members in creating an amiable atmosphere; counsels and encourages supportive staff to work as a team in monitoring the quality of care.
- Professionally collaborates with all staff members to facilitate coordinated department changes.
- Respects at all times the confidentiality of consumer records and uses complete discretion when discussing consumer information.
- Demonstrates the ability to relate well to all levels of staff, as well as consumers and their families, agency representatives and visitors.
- Regularly identifies and studies problems and assists in finding a solution; assists with studies related to improvement of specialized areas.
- Seeks information necessary for the accurate completion of job duties; uses reference materials to ensure accuracy.
- Demonstrates an ability to adapt to changes in facility functions and management styles.
- Performs all duties in an independent manner with little or no need for direct supervision.
- Never abuses or takes advantage of sick time or personal days off.
- Always provides proper notification and advance notice for absence or tardiness.
- Consistently completes all work assignments as directed.
- Demonstrates responsibility through responsiveness to others and competent follow-up on matters requiring additional attention; contacts appropriate personnel as required to ensure continuity.
- Always observes safety and health hazards.
- Always completes documentation and paperwork in a timely manner.
- Consistently performs and completes assignments; provides follow through on assignments while providing consistent quality and quantity of work.
- Demonstrates reliability in the conscientious and complete manner in which work assignments are performed.
- Takes corrective action to prevent recurring absences.
Elwyn is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
"We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law." #mon #ca
Apply on company website