POSITION SUMMARY: Assist end-user community with Tier I and II technology support questions or issues as it relates to network connectivity, systems or software application functionality, and general use of information technology (IT) equipment and software.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Respond to requests for technical assistance in-person, by phone, or electronically during regular business hours and on occasional weekends, holidays, and other shifts, with issues including but not limited to:
- Diagnose and resolve technical hardware and software issues, including active directory and other account lockouts, damaged computer hardware, installation of third party software, assist with computer and software use, etc.
- Research user questions using available information resources like Elwyn IT knowledgebase, software vendor resources, etc.
- Setup and configure computing technology equipment at new Elwyn sites. This includes routers, switches, computers, monitors, wifi, telephones, mobile devices, tablets, and networked and direct-connect copy/fax/print machines
- Ensure exchange account set up
- Image and deploy computers, smart phones, and tablets at any of Elwyn locations as required
- Troubleshoot computing and networking equipment at Elwyn sites as directed with Trouble Tickets
- Advise user on appropriate actions and follow up for resolution, including installation of software updates pushed by automated software vendor processes, following service desk bulletins to allow maintenance and other software updates to IT equipment, etc.
- Follow standard help desk procedures, including following workflow and process documents outlined in the IT knowledgebase
- Log all help desk interactions into the ticketing system
- Escalate tickets unresolved issues to appropriate subject matter expert both inside and outside of Elwyn, as appropriate or as directed
- Identify and escalate situations requiring urgent attention, including virus/malware/trojan and other security-risk alerts and network outages
- Track and route tickets and requests and document through to resolution
- Stay current with computing, networking, and software system information, changes and updates published by IT or external vendor
- Assist in updating the knowledgebase by creating, updating, and providing recommended changes to knowledgeware articles and resources
- Provide remote or in-person support for Tier I and II hardware, software, networking and printer issues
- Assist in managing computing and mobile device inventory
- Maintains current state-mandated training and certifications
- Follow all current policies and procedures of Elwyn New Jersey
- Cooperate with Elwyn New Jersey and the State of New Jersey Department of Human Services, or any other authorized investigating body during an inspection or investigation
- Perform other duties as assigned
IMMEDIATE SUPERVISOR: Manager, Service Desk
DIRECT REPORTS: None
CONTACTS: Elwyn staff and vendors
- Associates degree in an Information Technology or related field desired or equivalent field experience may be substituted
- ITIL V3, Comptia A+ or Comptia Network+ certification preferred
- Two (2) years experience providing direct end-user IT helpdesk and/or desktop support
- Two (2) years experience providing direct customer support
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively as part of a team
- Intermediate knowledge of computer hardware/software support and networking
- Flexibility to work on occasional weekends, holidays, off hours (any shift), and provide support on an on-call basis as need
- Must have dependable vehicle, as driving between multiple sites will be required.
- Must have current, valid driver's license in state of residence, three (3) years driving experience in the United States, and acceptable driving record
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and manage and prioritize multiple, often competing, priorities
- Demonstrated strong attention to detail
- Demonstrated strong time management and organizational skills
- Demonstrated excellent judgment with the ability to independently solve problems and make decisions with little or no need for direct supervision
- Demonstrated ability to anticipate future needed changes or identify problem areas and take effective actions
- Must possess excellent customer interaction, collaboration, presentation, and written and verbal communication skills
- Non-profit human service experience preferred
- Demonstrated intermediate experience with Microsoft Office applications, including Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint
- Experience knowledge of Electronic Health Record (EHR) / Electronic Medical Record (EMR) systems preferred
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/ENVIRONMENTAL PROFILE: See Physical Demands Checklist below which represents the general physical demands and environment conditions to which the employee holding this position must meet, in addition to the duties and responsibilities listed above, to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Elwyn will engage otherwise qualified candidates for this position whose disabilities may require reasonable accommodations to enable an individual to perform the essential functions.
Elwyn reserves the right to revise or change job duties and responsibilities as needed. This job description is not meant to be an all-inclusive statement of duties and responsibilities of the job nor does it constitute a written or implied contract.
Elwyn is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation and identity, gender identity, national origin, citizenship status, genetic information, disability status, military or veteran status, marital or family status, political activities or affiliations, or any other characteristic protected by local, state, and federal law. #ca
Apply on company website