Elwyn has a wide variety of educational programs serving children age Birth-to-Kindergarten, as well as K-12 special education. Most of the teacher roles will require PA Teaching Certification in either Special Education or Early Childhood Education, and the locations range from Philadelphia to Media, PA. The Early Intervention programming has Centerbased classroom positions available in both Philladelphia (3 Locations) and Media (1 location), and we also offer Community-Based servies in Philadelphia and Chester, PA..
POSITION SUMMARY: The Classroom Teacher is a key member of the education team that supports the mission and values of the Early Childhood Service line. The teacher utilizes early learning, Keystone Stars and other applicable federal, state and local standards to provide a developmentally appropriate schedule, activities and classroom environment for an inclusive classroom. The Classroom teacher will coordinate the activities of the Assistant and the Aide and work with families to engage them in their child's program.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides direct classroom instruction to preschoolers in accordance with the child's IEP and Elwyn's established curriculum
- Provides oversight, direction and support to all classroom assistants and aides
- Completes Work Sampling Assessments, Ages and Stages Screenings, parent meetings and home visits
- Develops and implements lesson plans, Individualized Education Programs (IEPs) and creates individual child portfolios
- Demonstrates flexibility in addressing daily situations involving children, parents and classroom staff
- Works with parents, lead agency and related staff to address individual children's goals
- Attends family events, trainings, informal and formal meetings, as needed
- Utilizes agency established self-assessment protocol as a strategy for professional growth
- Perform cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR), and crisis intervention using agency-trained protocols
- Perform other duties as assigned
IMMEDIATE SUPERVISOR: Assistant Director
DIRECT REPORTS: None
CONTACTS: Children, provider agency staff, community partnership staff, transportation providers, Early Childhood staff, administrative team members, parents, community agencies, and Elwyn employees
- Pennsylvania Department of Education (PDE) Early Childhood Education (ECE) certification OR Special Education certification with at least 18 credits in Early childhood education
- Individualized Education Program (IEP) experience, including demonstrated experience in the planning, writing and implementation of IEP's, progress monitoring, positive behavior supports preferred
- Experience communicating with families, formally and informally, including engaging families in their child's educational program preferred
- Experience in providing direct services to preschoolers preferred
- Knowledge of and/or experience implementing the Keystone Star 4, National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC) and other applicable federal, state and local standards in an inclusive setting preferred
- Ability to effectively communicate to internal and external staff, and parents/guardians
- Experience with adaptive technology as related to early intervention services and data collection preferred
- Effective written and oral communication skills
- Demonstrated experience with Microsoft Office applications, including Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively as part of a team
- Must be able to perform CPR and crisis intervention techniques using agency-trained protocols
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/ENVIRONMENTAL PROFILE: See Physical Demands Checklist below which represents the general physical demands and environment conditions to which the employee holding this position must meet, in addition to the duties and responsibilities listed above, to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Elwyn will engage otherwise qualified candidates for this position whose disabilities may require reasonable accommodations to enable an individual to perform the essential functions.
Elwyn reserves the right to revise or change job duties and responsibilities as needed. This job description is not meant to be an all-inclusive statement of duties and responsibilities of the job nor does it constitute a written or implied contract.
Elwyn is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation and identity, gender identity, national origin, citizenship status, genetic information, disability status, military or veteran status, marital or family status, political activities or affiliations, or any other characteristic protected by local, state, and federal law.
Apply on company website