PRIMARY DUTIES: Provides appropriate traiing, support, instruction and supervision to individuals enrolled in the Work Services Programs, both at the Work Center and local community business sites.
IMMEDIATE SUPERVISOR: Program Manager
PRIMARY CONTACTS: Elwyn personnel, consumers, families, residential providers, funding agency representatives, employers, and members of interdisciplinary team, members of the general public and business representatives as well as visitors.
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE: High School graduate or equivalent. One year experience working directly with individuals with disabilities or 60 college credits in related field and/ or one year of industry-industry based work experience. Must have valid drivers license.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Moderate with no lifting restrictions and specific to individual jobs.
WORKING CONDTIONS: Personal equipment may be required due to various contract work needs: i.e., gloves goggles, ear plugs, and protective shoes. Working conditions are also specific to individual jobs.
HAZARDS: Occasional exposure to minor hazards.
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assists with the orientation process to enable consumers to adjust to the workshop or work setting.
- Documentation of vocational goals as outlined in the Individual Service Plan.
- Supervises consumers in the completion of contract work and assigned job duties.
- Records consumers' daily attendance and notifies case manager of absenteeism
- Records consumers' daily production for payroll purposes.
- Assists in development of effective and simplified production techniques adaptable to the capacity of consumers.
- Maintains even production flow and ensures quality control.
- Ensures that plant fire and safety procedures are observed.
- Conducts and develops safe production techniques.
- Provides appropriate levels of consumer supervision.
- Effectively trains consumers on work techniques and methods appropriate to the assigned contract.
- Assists in the development and implementation of appropriate therapeutic programs.
- Assumes responsibility for consumer services such as lunch duty and transportation duty.
- Participates in the personal and physical care of consumers.
- Handles minor consumer issues that arise, including de-escalating, redirecting, reporting progress and problems to team and implementing behavior plans as necessary.
- Stays current and adheres with all regulations regarding safety, licensure and quality expectations.
- Has knowledge of production principles and processes.
- Follows written and verbal instructions.
- Exercises sound judgment and good decision making appropriate to assignments.
- Performs all duties in an independent manner, with little or no need for direct supervision.
- When requested, is willing to adjust personal schedule in order to complete workload.
- Demonstrates reliability and dependability in attendance and punctuality.
- Provides follow-up job support to individuals who are working in the community as directed by the employment supervisor.
- Performs such duties as are normally a part of professional responsibilities; including maintaining current knowledge of trends and developments in the profession.
- Acts as intermediary between employer, co-workers and trainee with necessary.
- Provide necessary soft skills training, i.e. behavioral and social skills training.
- Function as part of an interdisciplinary , program or agency team, attending team meeting when necessary.
- Is familiar with and conducts business in such a way that reflects the mission, vision and values of the agency.
- Support individuals on the job as directed by the program supervisor.
- Other related duties as required.
Elwyn is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation and identity, gender identity, national origin, citizenship status, genetic information, disability status, military or veteran status, marital or family status, political activities or affiliations, or any other characteristic protected by local, state, and federal law. #ca #mon
Apply on company website