Are you a Food Server, Retail Staff or Hospitality Worker who is seeking a career change due to the pandemic?
Have you ever had an interest in working in Health Care but never knew where to start? If so, please consider our Health Care Associate/Direct Support Professional opportunities at Elwyn. As a HCA/DSP, you have the opportunity to care for individuals with intellectual disabilities and assist them with their daily activities.
Various Shifts Available at sites in Delaware County, PA Full Time, and PRN- ALL $15/HR!!
Elwyn's Behavioral Health Residential Services Programs are looking for compassionate, committed, enthusiastic and dedicated team members to support individuals with Intellectual Disabilities in their homes and communities. If you are looking for a challenging, yet engaging and enriching career, please consider applying
Locations and shifts are available throughout Delaware County
POSITION SUMMARY: Provides individualized support to those with health disabilities in an apartment setting by way of basic and interpersonal skill development and daily supervision while displaying respect and courtesy for others at all times; monitors individuals for safety, behavioral and medical health, and daily life needs; acts as an advocate and represents the individual's needs and rights with outside social service agencies; promotes recovery by supporting the individual in developing relationships and environments that provide hope, empowerment, choice and opportunities and helps them reach their potential and achieve life goals
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work with individuals to gain and retain skills needed to live in their apartment and as members of the community as identified in their goal plans
- Assist individuals in creating goal plans using action steps and recovery tools; update goal plans as required
- Assist individuals in identifying, developing and utilizing natural supports through the use of goal plans, action steps and recovery tools
- Link individuals to community resources to promote community integration by way of direct skill building and community integration techniques
- Develop and implement activities and specific task oriented groups and trainings
- Assist individuals with menu planning, food shopping and preparation following special eating plans as appropriate, household cleaning and care, laundry, personal hygiene, budgeting etc.
- Ensure that living environments are clean and safe
- Safely escort individuals to appointments and community activities as needed
- Act as healthcare advocate during individual medical and psychiatric appointments to ensure that the individual's needs are met
- Perform basis healthcare functions such as obtaining vital signs, weights and glucometer readings as directed
- Provide supportive counseling for individuals experiencing personal, behavioral or social problems
- Professionally collaborate with all staff members to meet the needs of the individuals being served
- Complete daily documentation of individuals' progress or skill deficit on required forms
- Follow all medication administration protocols and complete documentation as outlined in the Department of Human Services (DHS) medication administration training
- Attend and participate in individual continuity of care meetings
- Perform cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) and crisis intervention as needed in accordance with agency-trained protocols
- Perform other duties as assigned
IMMEDIATE SUPERVISOR: Program Supervisor
DIRECT REPORTS: none
CONTACTS: Elwyn personnel, Elwyn clientele, client family members as needed, community based healthcare and psychiatric care providers, funding and regulatory personnel if appropriate.
- High school diploma or equivalent; Associate degree preferred
- Experience working with individuals with disabilities required; experience working in the field of mental health preferred; demonstrated ability to adapt to changes in workload, assignments and schedule
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively as part of a team
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities
- Must be able to perform CPR, first aid and crisis intervention using agency-trained protocols
- Must possess excellent customer interaction, collaboration, presentation, and written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated basic experience with Microsoft Office applications, including Word, and Outlook
- Must have current, valid driver's license in state of residence, three (3) years driving experience, and acceptable driving record
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/ENVIRONMENTAL PROFILE: See Physical Demands Checklist below which represents the general physical demands and environment conditions to which the employee holding this position must meet, in addition to the duties and responsibilities listed above, to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Elwyn will engage otherwise qualified candidates for this position whose disabilities may require reasonable accommodations to enable an individual to perform the essential functions.
Elwyn reserves the right to revise or change job duties and responsibilities as needed. This job description is not meant to be an all-inclusive statement of duties and responsibilities of the job nor does it constitute a written or implied contract.
Elwyn is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Elwyn does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, ancestry, pregnancy status, medical condition, gender, gender identity or expression, genetic information, sexual orientation or identity, age, national origin, citizenship, handicap status, marital or family status, mental or physical disability, perceived disability, military or veteran status, political activities or affiliations, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state or local law, ordinance, or regulation. *MON #ca
wait staff, cook, server, chef, food prep, waiter, waitress, busboy, dishwasher, retail clerk, customer service, hotel, housekeeper, janitor, patient care, patient transport, airline, restaurant
Apply on company website