Embassy Suites Chevy Chase Pavilion
Maintain all building related systems and the building envelop to ensure the safety of hotel guests, associates and vendors. Ensure compliance with company Engineering Assumptions/Culture, preventative maintenance programs and procedures, Standard Operating Procedures, Mission Vision and Values as well as all Building/Fire/Health Department codes. Maintain building complex as energy efficiency as possible constantly looking for ways to save energy.
- Vocational schooling, military training, certification and/or experience in building related trades required in 1 or more of the following areas: HVAC, Electrical, Plumbing, and Carpentry.
- Hotel experience preferred.
- Climbing, reading, standing, walking and routinely lifting 25 lbs to 50 lbs. with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Must be able to receive instructions and communicate progress of work assignments.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills. Ability to adapt communication style to suit different audiences, such as effectively communicating with supervisors, coworkers, public etc.
The following are specific contributions that must be developed during the training program in order to successfully complete the program and be placed in a hotel with or without reasonable accommodation:
- Assist with preventative maintenance and complete report work orders such as replacing ceiling tiles, light bulbs, patching vinyl, etc., to maintain the hotel and keep the product quality standard.
- Perform preventative maintenance assignments on a scheduled basis (e.g., ""room care"").
- Assist in checking electrical systems such as air conditioning controls, television sets, lighting systems, and make minor repairs and/or replacement.
- Assist in checking and making routine repairs and assist on major repairs of all hotel equipment including small appliances, kitchen equipment, laundry equipment, boilers, pool equipment, HVAC, hand and power tools and general plumbing systems and fixtures such as pipe lines, toilets and sinks, kitchen and laundry equipment.
- Service the hotel's pool, including adjusting chemicals and cleaning filters; completing maintenance request forms and record logs.
- Maintain the building exterior and ""curb appeal"" (e.g., snow removal, lawn care, painting, gardening).
- Refurbish furniture and fixtures within guest rooms such as cabinets, tables, chairs, doors windows and counters. Paint and finish furniture and fixtures if needed.
- Respond in a courteous manner to all guest questions, complaints, and/or requests to ensure strong guest satisfaction.
- Exposure to extreme temperatures.
- Operation of heavy machinery.
- Comply with attendance rules and be available to work on a regular basis.
- Perform any other job related duties as assigned.
Apply on company website