At Emerson, we are innovators and problem-solvers, focused on a common purpose: leaving our world in a better place than we found it. Each and every day, our foundational values—integrity, safety and quality, supporting our people, customer focus, continuous improvement, collaboration and innovation—inform every decision we make and empower our employees to keep reaching higher. As a global technology and engineering leader, we provide groundbreaking solutions for customers in industrial, commercial, and residential markets. Our Emerson Automation Solutions business helps process, hybrid, and discrete manufacturers maximize production and protect personnel and the environment while optimizing their energy and operating costs. Our Emerson Commercial & Residential Solutions business helps ensure human comfort and health, protect food quality and safety, advance energy efficiency and create sustainable infrastructure. Emerson, a Fortune 500 company with $15.3 billion in sales and 200 manufacturing locations worldwide, is committed to helping employees grow and thrive throughout their careers. Whether you're an established professional looking for a career change, an undergraduate student exploring options or a recent MBA graduate, you'll find a variety of opportunities at Emerson. Join our team and start your journey today.
The A/P Lead is responsible for full-cycle Accounts Payable processing including examining, verifying and reconciling a variety of transactions. Daily matching and posting large volume of purchase orders/packing slips to vendor invoice. Also supports general activities from the accounting team by performing the following duties.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Ensure timely payments of vendor invoices by preparing weekly check runs and wires.
- Experience implementing ACH - working with bank coding, inbound and outbound files.
- Research, resolve and communicate any discrepancies or outstanding balances on vendor accounts.
- Reconcile monthly vendor statements, Received Not Invoiced and AP subledger.
- Manage monthly closing of A/P records and maintain A/P files and year-end files.
- Review and process Expense Reports, ensuring all policies and approvals are met.
- Review travel expense credit card accounts, ensuring all are being paid in a timely manner. Follow up with card holder if not.
- Implement and maintain systems, procedures and policies to ensure adherence to company guidelines.
- Review and finalize AR batches created by CFS.
- Pull daily banking reports and reconcile cleared checks in ERP system.
- Create and process monthly commission statements/payments for Business Partners.
- Assist with month end close by creating and entering journal entries.
- Perform account reconciliations.
- Understands and applies knowledge to oversee Use Tax liability.
- Tracks invoices for CapEx items.
- Perform other related duties and assignments as required, including but not limited to assist with various audit requests, SOX payables controls and SOX expense approvals.
Minimal Job Requirements:
- Accounting Degree, preferred
- A minimum of five years of experience (or any equivalent combination of experience and/or education from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved
- Familiar with GL expense coding and assigning cost centers in a manufacturing environment
- A thorough understanding of a three-way matching system (purchase order, receiving and packing list), is required
- Strong account reconciliation skills
- Must be familiar working in a high volume and inventory-intensive environment
- Proficient with Microsoft Office; specifically, Excel V-lookups and Pivot Tables
- Ability to handle confidential information in a discreet, professional manner
- Ability to work with vendors and employees at all levels of the organization promptly and professionally
- Strong organizational and analytical skills
- High integrity and work ethic
- Drives Results
- Financial Acumen
- Customer Focus
No calls or agencies please. Emerson will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States. This is not a position for which sponsorship will be provided. Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Emerson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status. We are committed to providing a workplace free of any discrimination or harassment.
If you have a disability and are having difficulty accessing or using this website to apply for a position, you can request help by sending an email to email@example.com.
Apply on company website