At Emerson, we are innovators and problem-solvers, focused on a common purpose: leaving our world in a better place than we found it. Each and every day, our foundational values—integrity, safety and quality, supporting our people, customer focus, continuous improvement, collaboration and innovation—inform every decision we make and empower our employees to keep reaching higher. As a global technology and engineering leader, we provide groundbreaking solutions for customers in industrial, commercial, and residential markets. Our Emerson Automation Solutions business helps process, hybrid, and discrete manufacturers maximize production and protect personnel and the environment while optimizing their energy and operating costs. Our Emerson Commercial & Residential Solutions business helps ensure human comfort and health, protect food quality and safety, advance energy efficiency and create sustainable infrastructure. Emerson, a Fortune 500 company with $15.3 billion in sales and 200 manufacturing locations worldwide, is committed to helping employees grow and thrive throughout their careers. Whether you're an established professional looking for a career change, an undergraduate student exploring options or a recent MBA graduate, you'll find a variety of opportunities at Emerson. Join our team and start your journey today.
Emerson Process Management is looking for an Administrative Assistant for our Houston office. We provide project management, engineering and design services and supply of control systems hardware and software for control system projects in the oil and gas, refining, and petro-chemical industries.
This position provides administrative support services primarily for the Engineering Center and members of the Management Team. This position may also be asked to provide administrative services for other PSS Managers and employees as needed.
- Coordinate and interface with Emerson corporate, Emerson Automation Solutions, and other Satellite offices for the Gulf Coast Engineering Center.
- Provide support for Directors and Managers
- Coordinate agendas/presenters for department meetings
- Work on special projects as needed.
- Organize meetings for Directors and Mangers
- Handle and follow up on routine correspondence
- Order office supplies
- Distribute incoming mail/packages
- Schedule labs and rooms for FAT's
- Report for Billing purposes the lab spaces
- Scheduling and billing inventory
- Maintain accurate floor plan and resource identification on cubicles
- Report quarterly and annual space count and projections
- Maintain and organize common spaces and conference rooms
- Maintain and organize the cage per the regulations in the building
- Create and audit expense reports for Directors and VP's
- Prepare paperwork and e-mails for random drug testing
- Order lunches and provide support for meetings and trainings
- Send out employee communications regarding all employee meetings
- Reconcile Monthly corporate purchase card receipts
- Book conference rooms
- Code and redirect invoices in dataserv
- Create FedEx labels
- Organize annual record retention policy process
- Help organize and track AR material received
- Maintain and update Visio org chart as needed
- Scheduling various monthly WebEx meetings
- Schedule safety training
- Track TWIC card expirations dates for all employees
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in Administrative role
- Strong problem-solving skills along with attention to detail are essential
- Ability to prioritize, manage time well, multitask and troubleshoot
- Strong interpersonal, communication and customer service skills
- Self-motivated and high standards of quality and consistency of files and document management
- Skilled in the MS Office suite of tools, including Excel, Word, and Outlook
- Familiarity with Adobe Acrobat and Visio an asset
- Maintain a positive attitude under all work conditions, perform in a team atmosphere, work with diverse customer base, and be capable of supporting multiple small projects in parallel
- Previous work experience in oil and gas, refining, and/or petro-chemical industries preferred
- Experience in scheduling safety classes preferred
Equal Opportunity Employer
Emerson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status. We are committed to providing a workplace free of any discrimination or harassment.
If you have a disability and are having difficulty accessing or using this website to apply for a position, you can request help by calling 1-314-553-2544 (V/TTY/TDD) or by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Apply on company website