At Emerson, we are innovators and problem-solvers, focused on a common purpose: leaving our world in a better place than we found it. Each and every day, our foundational values—integrity, safety and quality, supporting our people, customer focus, continuous improvement, collaboration and innovation—inform every decision we make and empower our employees to keep reaching higher. As a global technology and engineering leader, we provide groundbreaking solutions for customers in industrial, commercial, and residential markets. Our Emerson Automation Solutions business helps process, hybrid, and discrete manufacturers maximize production and protect personnel and the environment while optimizing their energy and operating costs. Our Emerson Commercial & Residential Solutions business helps ensure human comfort and health, protect food quality and safety, advance energy efficiency and create sustainable infrastructure. Emerson, a Fortune 500 company with $15.3 billion in sales and 200 manufacturing locations worldwide, is committed to helping employees grow and thrive throughout their careers. Whether you're an established professional looking for a career change, an undergraduate student exploring options or a recent MBA graduate, you'll find a variety of opportunities at Emerson. Join our team and start your journey today.Description
The Application Analyst/Developer is a critical member of the organization and is one of the primary client-facing individuals. This is a hands-on position where you will create and enforce project specific standards, augment and enhance our solutions, and benchmark individual and application performance metrics as well as estimate level of effort for initiatives.
- Develop, manage, and implement deliverables of our cross-functional teams that are focused on implementing our products for the Oil and Gas industry.
- Managing existing implementations, and conduct internal R&D initiatives.
- Provide software resource estimation, project work breakdown planning, and tracking progress to milestones.
- Troubleshoot customers' requests/issues.
- Committed to quality, self-improvement, and team-oriented development.
- Provide guidance and level of effort regarding scope and complexity of deliverables.
- Review technical design specifications.
- Knowledge of SQL Server, Oracle or other RDBMS development and administration of Windows, Linux & Unix.
- Adapt existing experience to new environments.
- Knowledge of internet based systems including experience developing web based applications.
- Participate in functional, regression and performance testing.
- Issue triage and tracking.
- Lead a team of developers both in the office and at client locations.
Must be able to travel approximately 25%.
REQUIRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related Technical area and 4+ years of experience, or a Master's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related Technical area and 3+ years of experience.
- Experience with .NET stack, C#, ASP.NET and MS SQL Server / Transact-SQL
PREFERRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS:
- Strong Programming Skills
- Strong communication skills (client facing)
- Strong problem solving skills
- Experience with liquid pipeline operations or volumetric accounting
- Knowledge of oil and gas pipeline industry
- Flexibility to work harmoniously with a small development team
Our Commitment to Our People
We invest in our employees to ensure they have the marketplace knowledge, skills and competencies to compete and lead in a global economy. Our training programs focus on end-to-end development from onboarding through senior leadership.
Flexible and competitive benefits plans offer you the right options to meet your individual/family needs: medical insurance plans, dental and vision coverage, 401(k), tuition reimbursement, and more. We provide employees flexible time off plans including paid parental leave (maternal and paternal), vacation and holiday leave.
Our success is measured by the positive impact we make on people, our communities and the world in which we live. Learn more about us!.
Our Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion
At Emerson, we are committed to fostering a culture where every employee is valued and respected for their experiences and perspectives. We believe a diverse and inclusive work environment contributes to the rich exchange of ideas that inspires innovation and brings the best solutions to our customers. This philosophy is fundamental to living our company's values and our responsibility to leave the world in a better place.
Diversity and Inclusion at Emerson is about welcoming, respecting, and valuing the differences each employee possesses. Inclusion is creating a real sense of engagement, belonging and connection for all employees. Learn more about ourCulture & Values and about Diversity & Inclusion at Emerson.
Emerson will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States. This is not a position for which sponsorship will be provided. Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Emerson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status. We are committed to providing a workplace free of any discrimination or harassment.
If you have a disability and are having difficulty accessing or using this website to apply for a position, you can request help by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Apply on company website