At Emerson, we are innovators and problem-solvers, focused on a common purpose: leaving our world in a better place than we found it. Each and every day, our foundational values—integrity, safety and quality, supporting our people, customer focus, continuous improvement, collaboration and innovation—inform every decision we make and empower our employees to keep reaching higher. As a global technology and engineering leader, we provide groundbreaking solutions for customers in industrial, commercial, and residential markets. Our Emerson Automation Solutions business helps process, hybrid, and discrete manufacturers maximize production and protect personnel and the environment while optimizing their energy and operating costs. Our Emerson Commercial & Residential Solutions business helps ensure human comfort and health, protect food quality and safety, advance energy efficiency and create sustainable infrastructure. Emerson, a Fortune 500 company with $15.3 billion in sales and 200 manufacturing locations worldwide, is committed to helping employees grow and thrive throughout their careers. Whether you're an established professional looking for a career change, an undergraduate student exploring options or a recent MBA graduate, you'll find a variety of opportunities at Emerson. Join our team and start your journey today.
This is a fast paced application engineering role. You'll be expected to support the sales team to demonstrate our technical competence to customers within your assigned territory. You'll listen to customer needs and then work with sales and technical teams to create architectures and bills of material for quotations of automation solutions. You'll need to then support the sales team with technical advantages that convince customers to choose your solution versus any competitors. This may include preparing technical demo's, writing technical reports, or preparing technical analysis.
You'll keep abreast of rapidly emerging Industry 4.0 and other technologies and you'll act as an adviser and partner to customers as you help them implement these new technologies to change their business models.
You will drive specification and implementation of your product range by working closely with end users, OEM's, EPC's and system integrators.
The most critical job tasks and areas of accountability for the position are:
• Put customers first and help them solve their challenges
• Troubleshoot issues involving electrical/electronic control systems, PLC products, PLC applications/designs, operator interfaces, and associated software
• Provide technical start-up support for new customers
• Creation of product and solution demo's
• Presenting technical workshops to customers
• Presenting formal training courses
• Performing plant tours and site inspections
• Writing software code for proof of concepts
• On site emergency technical support
• Attending tradeshows and events
• Creating Bill of Material and System Architectures
• Writing technical articles or application notes
• Logging and tracking of technical support cases
• Design, assemble, test and simulate systems to identify and resolve reported product issues.
• Interacting with marketing, product managers, engineers, sales and supply chain to provide feedback on market, or customer, needs and dynamics
• Partner with our global marketing team and industry managers to execute local activities
• Salesforce.com CRM based activities and reporting
The candidate will have completed studies in either Control Systems / Computer Science / Electrical / Electronics / IT / Computer Programming.
Engineering Degree - BTech / BEng / BSc / BCom
Masters degree will be preferred but not required.
Minimum 5 years of experience in an application engineering role, or a systems integration role, preferably in industrial automation.
Working knowledge of discrete and hybrid automation systems. Technologies include Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC's), Variable Speed Drives (VSD's), Servo Motion, Safety Systems (Emergency Shutdown and Fire & Gas), Operator Interfaces, HMI/SCADA software and cloud/EDGE technologies.
Sales experience in adjacent industries may be considered for the right candidate (information & operations technology / electrical / industrial or manufacturing software / MES & MIS / cloud computing / mechatronics / robotics / instrumentation / OEM equipment)
Strong communication skills both verbally and written
Our inclusive company culture celebrates the unique perspectives, diversity of thoughts, and exceptional innovation that come to life when we actively seek to hire and develop the best, brightest team members from all backgrounds. These unique points of view help foster fresh thinking and new ideas, ensuring our continued success into the future.
Apply on company website