At Emerson, we are innovators and problem-solvers, focused on a common purpose: leaving our world in a better place than we found it. Each and every day, our foundational values—integrity, safety and quality, supporting our people, customer focus, continuous improvement, collaboration and innovation—inform every decision we make and empower our employees to keep reaching higher. As a global technology and engineering leader, we provide groundbreaking solutions for customers in industrial, commercial, and residential markets. Our Emerson Automation Solutions business helps process, hybrid, and discrete manufacturers maximize production and protect personnel and the environment while optimizing their energy and operating costs. Our Emerson Commercial & Residential Solutions business helps ensure human comfort and health, protect food quality and safety, advance energy efficiency and create sustainable infrastructure. Emerson, a Fortune 500 company with $15.3 billion in sales and 200 manufacturing locations worldwide, is committed to helping employees grow and thrive throughout their careers. Whether you're an established professional looking for a career change, an undergraduate student exploring options or a recent MBA graduate, you'll find a variety of opportunities at Emerson. Join our team and start your journey today.Description
Utilizes a variety of hand and power tools to perform routine assembly of basic components in accordance with quality and quantity standards.
- Follows procedures for assembling products, handling products, equipment and materials per the production department and company's quality system procedures.
- Reviews shop operations packets, Bills-of-Materials, and engineering drawings to insure that incoming materials to be assembled are correct as to specified quantity/quality/part number.
- Based on production specifications and/or Team Leader's instructions, selects parts, tools, and equipment required for quality mechanical assembly production.
- Inspects and dimensionally checks production to insure assembled output meets requirements.
- Utilizes properly calibrated precision measuring instruments when performing inspections. Informs the Team Leader of any operating, material, or parts condition that would interfere with production quality or quantity.
- Performs routine operator maintenance and operational checks on all tools and equipment utilized.
- Segregates and periodically disposes of scrap and recycled material into approved collection containers.
- Operates appropriate equipment required to move materials into, around, or out of the department.
- Maintains an accurate record of all work performed in the appropriate company format.
- Follows all 5S practices and supports lean activities, as well as safety regulations, policies and procedures.
- Meets cell TAKT
- Contributes to Standard Work Improvements
- High School diploma or GED required
- 1 year previous experience in valve assembly operations is required
-Drives for results
-Promotes teamwork and collaboration
-Capacity for learning
-Adaptability to change and ambiguity
No calls or agencies please. Emerson will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States. This is not a position for which sponsorship will be provided. Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Emerson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status. We are committed to providing a workplace free of any discrimination or harassment.
If you have a disability and are having difficulty accessing or using this website to apply for a position, you can request help by sending an email to email@example.com.
Apply on company website