At Emerson, we are innovators and problem-solvers, focused on a common purpose: leaving our world in a better place than we found it. Each and every day, our foundational values—integrity, safety and quality, supporting our people, customer focus, continuous improvement, collaboration and innovation—inform every decision we make and empower our employees to keep reaching higher. As a global technology and engineering leader, we provide groundbreaking solutions for customers in industrial, commercial, and residential markets. Our Emerson Automation Solutions business helps process, hybrid, and discrete manufacturers maximize production and protect personnel and the environment while optimizing their energy and operating costs. Our Emerson Commercial & Residential Solutions business helps ensure human comfort and health, protect food quality and safety, advance energy efficiency and create sustainable infrastructure. Emerson, a Fortune 500 company with $15.3 billion in sales and 200 manufacturing locations worldwide, is committed to helping employees grow and thrive throughout their careers. Whether you're an established professional looking for a career change, an undergraduate student exploring options or a recent MBA graduate, you'll find a variety of opportunities at Emerson. Join our team and start your journey today.
Primary Responsibilities/Essential Functions:
- Perform a variety of basic field engineering functions related to the application of division products to the customer's requirements
- Become as knowledgeable as possible on Division products in as short a period of time as possible, primarily through existing training programs and individual concerted effort
- Analyze and solve engineering problems associated with field installation and operation of control systems and/or control equipment
- Independent assignments typically involve situations where total system function has been previously established
- Assist in carrying out more complex engineering assignments under the direction of more senior field engineering personnel
- Provide instruction to customer personnel as needed for those tasks usually assigned within this position's responsibilities
- Although not typically the primary interface with the customer, develop and maintain good customer relations on assigned tasks with emphasis on total customer satisfaction
- Participate in the writing, review, and revision of field related and/or operational procedures associate with Division products
- Participate in “team” assignments aimed at problem resolution, project/product familiarization, and product testing and evaluation
- Assignments may be at customer sites or at the Division within the field engineering or product line organizations
- Provide complete and timely reports ton all activities with emphasis on defining problems encountered, services rendered, and customer reaction to the supplied product and services
- Become certified on divisional products where appropriate
The position requires 75% travel.
The position requires a BSEE/BSEET/BSME/BSCHE/BS Computer Engineering or equivalent experience in related fields. An EIT is desirable Cisco certifications are a plus.Work Authorization
No calls or agencies please. Emerson will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States. This is not a position for which sponsorship will be provided. Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Emerson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status. We are committed to providing a workplace free of any discrimination or harassment.
If you have a disability and are having difficulty accessing or using this website to apply for a position, you can request help by sending an email to email@example.com.
Apply on company website